Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2010 2:34:55 PM EDT
Just came today but to picture or hint for installing it correctly. Any Pictures for how it fits through the 3 rings on the gun and adjustment thoughts? Leather, with the 2-prong steel hooks and the double row of holes both sides.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Here ya go, with pictures.

Note that the swivel nearest the muzzle is the stacking swivel.  The sling does not go through it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The typical Garand sling is cotton (?) and employs a locking hasp.
Yours is probably the 1907 model more typical of the 1903 Springfield bolt-action rifle in WWI.
Edited to add:
Previous poster came up the tutorial on it's use that I was searching for. It's a great shooting aid in sitting and prone positions, once learned.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Here ya go, with pictures.

Note that the swivel nearest the muzzle is the stacking swivel.  The sling does not go through it.

Sweet! Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Proper sling use should be a mandatory 'man' thing taught to every boy growing up.  I am amazed at the amount of shooters I know that think its just carrying accessory.

Get some leather softener and make sure that new sling is nice and pliable.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#5]
there are some training videos from the 40s-50s that are a little long winded 3-4 hours total. That go into great detail about everything M1.

i only watched the first hour, then lost the link..
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaRCFpH27-w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3i2O1igX78

Cool lookin door kickin spray n pray play is all teh rages these days.  Old fashioned marksmanship skills will serve you better.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Proper sling use should be a mandatory 'man' thing taught to every boy growing up.  I am amazed at the amount of shooters I know that think its just carrying accessory.

When I ordered my Turner, they also offered a manual to go along with it.  First sling I ordered that had an "instruction manual" but I am glad I got it so I can actually use the thing correctly.  Noticed a difference the first time out.

I will check out those videos, too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top