Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/20/2005 5:03:31 AM EDT
I have come to the realization that the decline in the worldwide image of the US is probably due to MTV. MTV has been broadcasting an increasingly degrading portrayal of America. This IMHO has led to the worldwide disgust with American culture.

MTV started out with hours of music videos which initially may have been somewhat artistic but gradually eroded into non-stop hoochie-mama gangster rap videos by the early nineties. The transformation into total idiocy was completed when their format changed to "reality" series. Real World, Road Rules, etc now glamourizes the pointless lives of young disaffected 20 somethings who lead a useless existence with absolutely no responsibilities or virtues. Imagine how peoples of Africa and the Middle East struggling in a bleak environment feel watching these vapid assholes create interpersonal conflict episode after episode. Its no wonder they want us dead. Hell, I even find myself hoping that major tragedy befalls these MTV idiots.

The amazing parallel is the growth of Islamofascism and the decline of quality of MTV programming through the past 3 decades. The trends are proportional!! I see terrorist states such as NK and Iran fueling up long range nuclear payloads hoping to thwart the broadcast of the next Real World/Choad Rules Challenge. Perhaps MTV would consider a "Real World Gaza" or "Dharfur" to give the next recycled cast of morons some real challenges.
Top Top