Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2005 11:53:17 AM EDT
Sparty loses another one in OT to the BIG BLUE.

GO BLUE!

There is only ONE, University of Michigan.

lokt where are you?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Stanton for Heisman?  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Hello?  lokt are you lost on the way home from the stadium?  Or are you drowning your sorrow in some Milwaukees Best?  

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Go Blue!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

lokt where are you?

Probably trying to figure a way to johnkerry himself out of saying this:

Quoted:
47 minutes and counting....until MSU begins its complete routing of UMich!

That'll make the record vs MSU 65-28-5.

Mike Hart 220 yards rushing

Avant 98 yards receiving

Henne 26/35  for 254 yards Sophomore

It's up..

and IT"S GOOD!

That's four wins in a row for UofM vs MSU.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Too bad Michigan already has two losses and the season is going to be mediocre at best...
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, what a game!

I'm a pretty die hard Wolverine fan but even I thought State would win this one!

Woo haa! WOLVERINES!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hello?  lokt are you lost on the way home from the stadium?  Or are you drowning your sorrow in some Milwaukees Best?  

lol.  we scraped enough change out of all the collective couches to spring for 2 half barrels of Labatt lite...high class today...

That was quite a game.  Glad you enjoyed it.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm a pretty die hard Wolverine fan but even I thought State would win this one!

So did the Vegas bookies, MSU was -6.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#12]
ROCK ON!  Now I get to rub it in the faces of all of my Spartin friends.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol.  we scraped enough change out of all the collective couches to spring for 2 half barrels of Labatt lite...high class today...

Lokt, I am only pulling your chain. I have always enjoyed my visits to MSU.  The girls were much friendlier and better looking then the granola crunching liberal with the hairy armpits back in Ann Arbor.  

Actually I dont remember some of my visits to E Lansing.  One night I spent the entire night in the Sparrow ER because my buddy punched a wall after fighting with his GF.  I died laughing because the guy in line before my buddy broke his leg.  I was talking to him and he was scoping out a girl and crashed his scooter into a parked car.  

I actually some summer classes at MSU one year.  Hung out a lot at the Cedar Apts.  Hundreds of chicks in bikinis has a certain draw.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:I have always enjoyed my visits to MSU.

I worked at MSU for a year and half, my pilgrimage to educate the unwashed heathens and show them the error of their ways, and there was a lot of non-washing happening there. Dirty smelly hippies have nothing on dirty smelly drunk asses.  

First week on the job I asked "Why is that an AG school has artificial turf on the football field?"

However there was a decent pizza place in East Lansing though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lokt, I am only pulling your chain. I have always enjoyed my visits to MSU.  The girls were much friendlier and better looking then the granola crunching liberal with the hairy armpits back in Ann Arbor.  

Actually I dont remember some of my visits to E Lansing.  One night I spent the entire night in the Sparrow ER because my buddy punched a wall after fighting with his GF.  I died laughing because the guy in line before my buddy broke his leg.  I was talking to him and he was scoping out a girl and crashed his scooter into a parked car.  

I actually some summer classes at MSU one year.  Hung out a lot at the Cedar Apts.  Hundreds of chicks in bikinis has a certain draw.

Congratulations.  
I thought MSU had a chance, but OT is always the choker.

And, yes, the girls are better at MSU.
At least we have that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I worked at MSU for a year and half, my pilgrimage to educate the unwashed heathens and show them the error of their ways, and there was a lot of non-washing happening there. Dirty smelly hippies have nothing on dirty smelly drunk asses.  

First week on the job I asked "Why is that an AG school has artificial turf on the football field?"

My best friends roommate was a pigfarmer.  No kidding.   Enough said.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Unfortunately, MSU is more than an AG school.
We're also one of the preeminent turf schools.
When the World Cup came to the United States, they were playing on grass engineered and grown and MSU.  And yet, we play on the fake stuff.
Shameful, isn't it.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I was under the impression the astroturf was put in to keep the cheerleaders from grazing during the game.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When the World Cup came to the United States, they were playing on grass engineered and grown and MSU.  And yet, we play on the fake stuff.
Shameful, isn't it.  

I brought up the fact that MSU engineered the grass that was used INDOORS at the Silverdome for the World Cup games yet the stadium is still using turf.  Did I get an answer?  Nope.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shameful, isn't it.  

I brought up the fact that MSU engineered the grass that was used INDOORS at the Silverdome for the World Cup games yet the stadium is still using turf.  Did I get an answer?  Nope.

IIRC, the WC grass was specifically engineered for low/artificial light conditions.  The grass was grown in hex-boxes and travelled throughout the US for the WC.  Also, the stadium at MSU isn't a bowl in the ground like UM, so the wind blows right through it and really plays hell with the real grass combinations they tried.   I still wish they'd get the right combination.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#22]
uhhh...I'm pretty sure that the grass is real at Spartan stadium now...?  And has been for a couple years.

Yes, many good times happen at MSU, despite a frustrating football team.  already looking forward to the next game.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
uhhh...I'm pretty sure that the grass is real at Spartan stadium now...?  And has been for a couple years.

Yes, many good times happen at MSU, despite a frustrating football team.  already looking forward to the next game.

At least you have B-ball.  Used to have hockey until we took that from you too.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Completely different team with Hart out there...wow...Henne looks reborn.

MSU is no slouch team, either.  This was a huge win for Michigan.

Congratulations!

HH
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Looks like the grass was put in just prior to the 2002 football season, when they switched from their 8 year old artifical turf that was "worn out"

I worked at MSU from 1995-1996 the turf would have been nearly brand new then, and I was completely justified in mocking the school AKA my employer for having artificial turf in their stadium when just the prior year, 1994, their real grass was highlighted during the World Cup games.  

Is it the Engineering building that has Maize and Blue as components of it's exterior design?

Funny stuff!

Exciting games two years in a row though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I went to the WC and remember seeing the hexagonal plots of grass in the parking lot.  They would leave them out there in the sun then take them back in.  They even had guards patrolling the area and MSU smurfs running around checking the turf.

It was an awesome game.  Both sides played well and we stopped a top teir offense.  Smith can win the National Championship and will still get fired if he keeps losing to UM.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exciting games two years in a row though.

I thought i remembered seeing real grass grown on the field because I was down on it last year for the MSU ND game.

I spend more than a few hours a day in the engineering building.  I can recall some blue, but it's mostly green with tannish brick.  I don't remember...i only see the exterior about once a day, when I'm walking into the building for my mind-numbing 8 am.  I sure don't look back at it at night when I leave.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I spend more than a few hours a day in the engineering building.

I worked across the street in the dump attached to what was the Urban Planning and Lanscape Architecture Building at the time.  The snobby big wigs in the department got their fancy offices in the Communication Arts Building.

If I ran MSU there would be no blue on campus buildings/vehicles/etc at all.

How deep the hatred for UofM is at MSU, I did a series of panoramic photos  for the basketball office as they wanted a new large (8 feet wide if not more) print for their wall.  The best photo was from a game vs UofM (MSU crushed them in that game) with Izoo in the air, feet well off of the ground, after one of his excited jumps they REFUSED to have anything UofM in their office so they settled for a lesser quality shot done by one of my staff photographers at a different game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top