Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2003 7:54:18 PM EDT
I need advice. Which one would you get? and why?

thx
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Any I could afford They way out of my price range.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#3]
1. MP5A3, most accessories and do-dad available.  Parts are cheapest (relatively speaking of course), intermediate bbl length makes is the most practical.  A3 and A2 stock can be used without an adaptor.

2. MP5K-PDW, still get a threaded 3-lug bbl to add a can or flash-hider if you wish.  Folding stock works ok.

3. MP5K, if you don't put on the PDW stock, it's basically a full auto pistol with a forward grip.  No bbl attachment point for can or flash-hider.  Small and cool, but pretty useless otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont get the K. If you want a room broom get a MAC. Get one with a stock, I say.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What would be the primary purpose of the weapon?
View Quote

fun, fun, fun... besides why the hell not?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I would only get the K if it came with the briefcase.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
1. MP5A3, most accessories and do-dad available.  Parts are cheapest (relatively speaking of course), intermediate bbl length makes is the most practical.  A3 and A2 stock can be used without an adaptor.

2. MP5K-PDW, still get a threaded 3-lug bbl to add a can or flash-hider if you wish.  Folding stock works ok.

3. MP5K, if you don't put on the PDW stock, it's basically a full auto pistol with a forward grip.  No bbl attachment point for can or flash-hider.  Small and cool, but pretty useless otherwise.
View Quote

hey... just the guy I need to talk to.  welp I plan on getting a sear based gun. My aim is to eventually have an A3 and a PDW. Most likely I'll wind up swaping one sear amongst the two host guns.

Most of the PDW conversions I've seen are also lugged, where as the K's aren't lugged or threaded.  It's kind of bastardized but what can ya do?

I think I've pretty much limited this to the A3 or PDW.  The A3 is definitely the most practical of the group but the PDW is just so damn cool.  I haven't shot either so I really can't compare the actual performance/feel of the two.

rssc
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dont get the K. If you want a room broom get a MAC. Get one with a stock, I say.
View Quote

I've got an M11/9 and while it's cool... it's no HK.  An unmarried HK sear is so versatile, it's a great buy.

rssc
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Then how about the A3 and a V53?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Then how about the A3 and a V53?
View Quote

Well I'm kind of holding on to see how people like their V53's.  So far so good but we'll know for sure pretty soon.  

I'm sure if the V53 proves to be as good as I've heard so far, it'll probably be the third.

rssc

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#11]
A3 with RAS, forward grip, light and aimpoint.

Then the K or PDW will have nothing on it, except for having a flimsier stock and a four inch shorter barrel.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Full size.  I discussed this in another thread last week I think.  Having shot both, they are both alot of fun, but the full size is fun AND practical AND accurate.  The Mp5K series is fun in the same way that a Krinkov is fun, but after you've sprayed your first thousand rounds through and you realize the gun won't ever hit a man-sized target at 50 yards on full auto, where do you go?  With the full size Mp5 you can practice hitting a man sized target at 50 yards with a 3 round burst, then a 4 round burst, then a 10 round burst, with all ten shots in the paper at 50 yards.  And if you want, you can always retract the stock and hose it around up close too.  The full size Mp5 just has alot more to offer.
View Quote

You know, I've heard that the K is quite a bit less accurate then the A3 due to the lack of a stock.  Conversely I've heard that due to the PDW's folding stock it's actually comparable to the a3 (a little less).

Oh yeah, hope you've saved up about $11,000.
View Quote

YEP, don't remind me.  I may get the sear first then have the gun built up at a later date.  That'll probably cost a little bit more in the long run, but the immediate out of pocket cost will be less.

Ohh why couldn't I have decided to do this 10 years ago.....

rssc
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:01:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:21:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey guys thanks for the responses...

I'm definitely going to get the sear / seargun first.  I don't even want to wait 6 months... no telling what the sear will cost then!

I'll have to SBR the host guns as I plan on swapping the sear between several different firearms.  I think I'm just going to find the best price I can on a.) a sear or b.) a sear gun MP5 type firearm.  If I get the PDW now, I'll get an A3 host gun later and vice versa.

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The AR15.com unofficial motto again rears its ugly head:  "get both!"

Hehehe...
View Quote

Hahah you got that right Duke-Nukem...

The "get both" syndrome makes the decision so much easier!

rssc

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top