Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 9:23:21 PM EDT
I know that there are lots of jam boxes and cd players that will play MP3 that have been burned to cd's but are there any players that will play MP3's burned to a DVD????? If so, I could put my entire 600 cd collection on about 15 or so discs and it would take up about very-damn-little space in my truck, or backpack, or whatever. Wouldn't it be cool to have your whole music collection in a space about a foot long?
Has anyone heard of such a player?
Everything from Garth to pink floyd on a camping trip.........WOOT!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as it plays DVD's your fine.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was looking at circuit city, they had a radio that played DVD's. They also played MP3's. The salesman didn't know if they played MP3's from DVD's (I thought the same thing as you)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
When I was looking at circuit city, they had a radio that played DVD's. They also played MP3's. The salesman didn't know if they played MP3's from DVD's (I thought the same thing as you)

If it's a DVD player, and plays mp3's, it should play them from DVD. Data disc is all the player sees, be it CDR or DVD.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it's a DVD player, and plays mp3's, it should play them from DVD. Data disc is all the player sees, be it CDR or DVD.

That's what I figured, but my hangup was on whether there would be some kind of built in file number limit for the machine to recognize -say something along the line of a full CD worth of MP3's. Then you put in a DVD with 5-6 the number of files and it goes nuts.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I figured, but my hangup was on whether there would be some kind of built in file number limit for the machine to recognize -say something along the line of a full CD worth of MP3's. Then you put in a DVD with 5-6 the number of files and it goes nuts.

I guess that's possible, but not likely. The firmware of the drive would dictate that, but it certainly SHOULD play DVD mp3 data disks. My head unit (in my car) does, with no trouble, and my DVD player in my home entertainment center does too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]
WOW.......found some in-dash players.........600 bucks.......thats more than I pay the salacious 15 year old that gives me a hand job........brrrrrrrrrr.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:03:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WOW.......found some in-dash players.........600 bucks.......thats more than I pay the salacious 15 year old that gives me a hand job........brrrrrrrrrr.

There are players down in the $100 range, lesser brands but still they are out there.

I have a Panasonic that cost around $189 that does data DVD's as well as video.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top