Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2001 8:53:55 PM EDT
Need some info tonight if possible.  I'm going to a gun show tomorrow in STL, and I am thinking of selling some guns.[:(]

So I've only lived here a month, and don't know all the laws.  What does it take to privately sell a gun (handguns too) to someone in the state of MO?  Is there that 'gunshow loop-hole' closure BS here?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT, cause I need the money!
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Need some info tonight if possible.  I'm going to a gun show tomorrow in STL, and I am thinking of selling some guns.[:(]

So I've only lived here a month, and don't know all the laws.  What does it take to privately sell a gun (handguns too) to someone in the state of MO?  Is there that 'gunshow loop-hole' closure BS here?
Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Welcome to Missouri
Going to the Machinist Hall tomorrow?

Anyway, there are no specific laws concerning the sale of *long guns* from a private collection between individuals. There is no permit requirement for rifles or shotguns.
[b]**It is a class A misdemeanor to sell, rent, lease, loan, or otherwise transfer a handgun without the buyer first obtaining a “permit to acquire a concealable firearm” from the sheriff of the county where the buyer lives. It is also a class A misdemeanor for the buyer.**[/b] Permits must be acquired even when buying handguns from a private party. Do not take the gun to the sheriff’s office, it may be confiscated.

[i]As always, keep a *very* low profile. The gun show promoter wants sellers to rent table space.[/i] He is in a business, and you are not giving him his cut. You are a 'rogue' seller so-to-speak.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I will be at the Machinist Hall in STL tomorrow.
Will have my Armalite AR10A4B with me.
Just wondering what I can get for it  .  .  .  .
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup, I'm going, I'm debating what to sell, but maybe my Springfield TRP or a HK91.  

So is there a background check on private sales at a gunshow?  CO started doing that crap to close the 'loop-hole' as they say.  Really put a hurt on the gunshow circuit.

As far as the low profile thing, carrying a gun or two is okay, but carry 10 guns and an advertisement on your back is not okay, right???

Thanks again for the help.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:04:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yup, I'm going, I'm debating what to sell, but maybe my Springfield TRP or a HK91.
View Quote

Tell me 'bout the HK91. How much trouble would it be to make it into an SR9TC? [;)]

So is there a background check on private sales at a gunshow?
View Quote
 No, not for *long guns.* But make sure you read the part I posted on handguns!

As far as the low profile thing, carrying a gun or two is okay, but carry 10 guns and an advertisement on your back is not okay, right???
View Quote
One yes, you can tell the ppl @ the desk you're gonna buy parts for it, if they ask. Two or more?? You [i]could[/i]  be pressing your luck.
BTW, Why R you selling?

Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Which one is the machinists' hall - is that the one just over the river in St. Charles?

It's been a while and I need to pick up some ammo (and of course have some nuts or beef jerky)  
View Quote
12365 St. Charles Rock Road  -  St. Louis County, Missouri. 1 Mile EAST of Hwy 270

Not a really good show for ammo. One of the smaller ones in the area. I would not be going, 'cept that I wanna see what I could get for my AR10.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not a really good show for ammo. One of the smaller ones in the area. I would not be going, 'cept that I wanna see what I could get for my AR10.
View Quote

So what are the bigger shows in the area?

For a SR9TC, you need a PSG1 trigger pack and housing, and adj grip about $600.  Plus a PSG1 stock, about $500.  You'd want to keep the 91 forearm because it accepts bipods, unlike the SR9.  Plus of course what ever optics you choose.

So you have a SR9TC, except for the bbl.  The SR9s comes with the polygonal bbl and no flash hider.  Rebarrelling an HK costs a bit of $$$.

The more I look at my HK91, I don't think I'm going to sell it after all!

Link Posted: 9/8/2001 5:00:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So what are the bigger shows in the area?
View Quote
The St. Louis Metro area gun shows are lame. Ya gotta cross a river to see a decent show.
St Charles has a good one at an Expo center across from the new Bass Pro Shops.

Collinsville and Belleville Ill. have better shows.

No, I don't have a show calendar! [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top