Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 5/29/2003 4:54:47 PM EST
Wondering if anyone knows the scoop on owning an NFA class 3 weapon in michigan. Looks like it is only OK if you are an FFL, and if you ahve C&R you can own SBR and SBS. Just looking for confirmation.. Thanks ahead!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:02:17 PM EST
Michigan is a C&R state, meaning if you have a C&R you can own C&R weapons.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:37:20 AM EST
What is C&R?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:40:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 9:41:46 AM EST by CAR-AR-M16]
C&R = Curios & Relics From ATF's website: As set out in the regulations (27 CFR 178.11), curios or relics include firearms which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories: 1.) Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof; 2.) Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and 3.) Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collector's items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:47:40 AM EST
You should check out the Hometown section of the board. There are many guys there that could help guide you better than myself. However, as previously mentioned Michigan is a C&R state, meaning that unless you are a class 3 dealer you are limited to the guns on the C&R list. To purchse those you must obtain a C&R lisense. Go to the ATF website for a list of the NFA weapons you are able to purchse. And, if you are looking to go FA be prepared to spend a fortune. A C&R M16 is going to set you back a ton of cash if that is what you are after.
Top Top