Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2001 1:22:41 AM EDT
[URL]http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/7/31/155030.shtml[/URL]
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 3:17:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Hangfire,

I think this whole article is nothing but one huge LEO-Bash-a-thon.  They didn't even try to get the point of view or story from the other side.  Nor did they once mention all the benefits of having all that information available at the fingertips of the cops who have to sort through all the scum of the earth perps that are walking the street everyday.

Besides since they only admit to ~90 or so gub'mint workers caught, that is less than 3 individuals caught per year abusing the system.  See that isn't a bad trade off is it?

Please don't tell me you have joined the cop-bashing looney libertarians.  Just when we have Imbrog|io turned away from the dark side, we sure don't need anyone to take his place!
rDAm
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 4:55:06 AM EDT
[#2]
as well as confidential information such as an individual's address
View Quote

I'm a little uncomfortable with that part.

I don't believe the LEs abused the system as an institution, however, men and women of law enforcement are a sample of the civilian population.  Bad apples crop up everywhere.

Eddie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top