Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2004 4:32:34 AM EDT
I applied for a DNR CO position here in Michigan last year, but failed the MCOLES physical agility test by a hair. (one pushup, one sit-up, 15 seconds on the run). Kinda gave up on it after that.

Yesterday I get a letter from the MSP inviting me to submit to the hiring process for a Motor Carrier Officer position.

I wasn't expecting to hear back from any other agencies. Anybody know what the job is like? The letter states that MCOs are not MCOLES certified. Does that mean they are pseudo-LEOs? If they are, would this job be a good stepping stone into another position?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
i believe that that has changed, IIRC, they were just recently granted peace officer authority, however they are discouraged from practicing it. You carry the same duty gear, weapon, etc, go through the same vehicle and weapons training.
From the ones that i know, they rotate from road duty to working the scales every coupla days.
i know a MC from Monroe and one from Owosso, i'll ask them and get back 2 ya.

(edited to add that you might want to specify "MI" in your post title)
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:13:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top