Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2013 3:09:04 AM EDT
As we are all too aware, sudden doom could happen just like that. One minute, everything is hunky dory, next thing ya know, asteroids, social upheaval, global thermonuclear war or worse.

The question that immediately springs to mind under such chaos is: "Will my beer stay cold?"

Now it can.

As society falls into abject anarchy, you can rely on 7 days worth of frosty refreshment to watch the whole shebang.

Check it out:

http://www.pelican.com/case_category_coolers.php?CaseType=Elite Cooler

•7-10 day ice retention*, freezer grade gasket, 2" polyurethane insulation
•Dual Handle System (Molded-in & Hinged Handles)
•Press & Pull Latches (Wide for Gloved Use)
•Molded-In Tie Downs
•Non-Skid & Non-Marking Raised Feet
•Molded-In Lock Hasp, Stainless Steel Plate
•Sloped Drain & Tethered Threaded Plug (Garden Hose Attachable)
•Corrosion Resistant Stainless Steel Hardware
•Integrated Fish Scale on Lid
•Guaranteed for life
•Assembled in the USA with US and foreign components
•*Ice retention - Initial test results are based on the Pelican 65Qt Elite Cooler model. Testing was conducted using forced air circulation in a temperature controlled environmental chamber at 90 degrees F. The test specimens were loaded to capacity with commercial cubed ice. Performance will vary by model size and external user conditions, such as; (sun exposure, wind, ice type, frequency of opening, etc.).

In sizes perfect for bugging in or bugging out, you can have backup brew at the ready. Keep one in the office, on in the BOV, one at home.

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:10:19 AM EDT
Anyone compared these yet to Engel or Yeti?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:10:19 AM EDT
That's actually pretty cool.  

And works great for body parts!
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:11:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2013 3:14:07 AM EDT by Merrell]
Originally Posted By Jorts:
Anyone compared these yet to Engel or Yeti?

There was a cooler shoot out done a couple years ago, and the Engel beat the Yeti.

Will be interesting to see how these stack up.

Link to quick summary

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:11:41 AM EDT
Always hated how Pelican doesn't list prices...
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:18:22 AM EDT
They have them on Amazon, or did at least. These have been out a while.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:43:59 AM EDT
Hmn...just another reason to buy more from Pelican.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 4:12:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 4:22:28 AM EDT
PSA has them in stock.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 4:40:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2013 4:41:39 AM EDT by Will]
Not impressed with their latch system. Secured with some small looking screws.....Seems like a "me too" of an Engel, Yeti or Icey Tek. Time will tell if they are as durable....
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 4:42:49 AM EDT
A Frigid Rigid is better at ice retention than any of the "plastic" coolers. I own several Yetis, had an Engel, and borrowed my buddies Frigid Rigid to bring some fish back from Alaska last summer. All fish came out of the same freezer and were placed into various coolers. Four days later when I got home, The fish in the Frigid Rigid were hard as a rock. The fish in the Yeti's did really well but some of the fish on the outside wall of the cooler had started to go soft. All coolers were packed 7/8's full, had a piece of cardboard placed over the frozen fish, and all had 10lbs of  dry ice placed on top of the cardboard. I did not open the coolers until I got home. On the other hand, Yeti's are really tough and the Frigid RIgid's are gelocated on the exterior so they are prone to chipping from hard use. My Engel was pretty good but the latches suck. Either way any of the newer cooler will smoke a Coleman or any of the other disposable crap you buy at K mart.
Top Top