Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 8:49:58 PM EDT
I realize this might be a dupe but I am SOOOOOO PISSSSSSED!!!!!  Why can't these fuckers and their lies just stop!!!  I imagine this is going to start happening everywhere!

www.mlive.com/newsflash/michigan/index.ssf?/base/news-18/109459076535780.xml&storylist=newsmichigan
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope they don't do it ......
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Jack - as soon as you get some more info on any legislation, don't hesitate to post some towns/zip codes and numbers we can call.  

Being in NY, we've already been subjected to this, and nevertheless I was genuinely pleased with how out of state members stepped up and attempted to do the same for us.

Even with the sunset occuring on the federal level, theres no doubt going to be an attempt of several other states trying to pull this same stunt.  We may be winning a battle, but the war is absolutely far from over.

Come Tuesday, I'm still planning on scrimping some pennies and looking for a deal on a pre-fed-pre-NY-ban lower at least.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=39&t=184292

hometown link for more info, please even if you dont live in MI, email the reps and let them know where you stand.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool! Maybe Detroit can finally become a crime-free utopia!

You know, like, um, Los Angeles.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Cool! Maybe Detroit can finally become a crime-free utopia!

You know, like, um, Los Angeles.

... Sad but true, sure hope you MICHIGANites fight this tooth-n-nail
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#6]
BTT

Here's my letter (cut-and-paste from a few I've found on the web):

I am writing this letter to direct your attention to the current effort by Senator Gilda Jacobs to renew and reauthorize at the state level the failed Clinton era experiment known as the "Assault Weapons" ban. I want to urge you in the strongest terms possible to oppose and defeat any and all efforts to see that the ban lives past its current expiration date.

I have long believed that further regulation of gun ownership is not the best answer to preventing violent crime, and I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and the Michigan State Constitution. Our enemy is the criminal, not the weapon. A person intent on committing a violent crime will not be stopped by more gun control laws. Instead, State, County and Municipal agencies should work to ensure that violent crimes are vigorously prosecuted, to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and to better enforce our existing laws. Through this common sense approach, we can continue to reduce violent crime across the nation and protect the rights of law abiding gun owners.

As there has been no statistically significant evidence presented that bans of this sort have had any effect on reducing crime, and as it represents a serious infringement of the freedoms guaranteed to us in both the 2nd Amendment and our State Constitution, I urge you to oppose any effort to renew this expiring ban at the state level, as well as any efforts to institute an even more restrictive ban. Additionally, I urge you to oppose any other measures that effectively deny citizens the right to choose which ever means they deem to be appropriate in protecting themselves and their loved ones.

As a lifelong resident and voter in Michigan, your support on a matter like this is important to me. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#7]
<sigh>

Obligitory bump since I live in this fucked up state!

BTW...I have already written my state reps and senator about this, twice!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Let's just tear that shitholes star off the flag and move on

Just kidding of course.  Why don't you folks vote out these domestic terrorits and get some real representation.  I would be embarrased...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Let's just tear that shitholes star off the flag and move on

Just kidding of course.  Why don't you folks vote out these domestic terrorits and get some real representation.  I would be embarrased...

1. This bill doesn't have a snowballs chance in Tiajuana of getting a vote. At lease not in an election year.

2. Both house of the state legislature are firmly in Republican hands.

3. There are some state districts that are completely controlled by the unions.

4. Detroit (where this senator is from) is a completely lost cause. I would support pushing the entire city into Lake Huron and starting over.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuckers!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:08:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Fuckers!

What he said!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Keep us out of staters informed about this attempts progress so we may start a email campaign refusing tourist dollars to MI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top