Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2010 9:16:40 AM EDT
For those of you who responded to my earlier posts. Thank-you.

I managed to get a consult for my ant allergy. I am not looking forward to it. I am looking forward to finding out whether they are willing to take a chance on me. I am thinking 68P and I am willing to wait. Any other thoughts?

Oh, and just for giggles there was this guy there who was bragging about his 95 AFQT and flashing his line scores around. I wanted someone to throw something at him very very badly as I am sure that there were a lot of people there who did not do nearly as well and I was equally sure that there were people there who did quite a lot better but had the class to not wave it in everybodys face.
I am seriously considering enlisting so I decided that that person should not be me.  I can't wait until a DI gets a hold of that one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I managed to get a consult for my ant allergy. I am not looking forward to it. I am looking forward to finding out whether they are willing to take a chance on me. I am thinking 68P and I am willing to wait. Any other thoughts?

Oh, and just for giggles there was this guy there who was bragging about his 95 AFQT and flashing his line scores around. I wanted someone to throw something at him very very badly as I am sure that there were a lot of people there who did not do nearly as well and I was equally sure that there were people there who did quite a lot better but had the class to not wave it in everybodys face.
I am seriously considering enlisting so I decided that that person should not be me.  I can't wait until a DI gets a hold of that one.

Anyone who brags about scores will likely end in a disaster,  I had two kids like that and both ended up getting kicked for pissing hot.  For being so smart they sure were dumbasses
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck, and unless you're going to be a nuke, fuck the ASVAB score.  I cut a 55 and still qualified for air traffic control.  Now 12 1/2 years later I'm doing the same job in the civilian world making a 6 figure income with no college degree.  It's not even the job I wanted when I went to MEPS in 97, I got lucky.

Link Posted: 12/15/2010 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good luck, and unless you're going to be a nuke, fuck the ASVAB score.  I cut a 55 and still qualified for air traffic control.  Now 12 1/2 years later I'm doing the same job in the civilian world making a 6 figure income with no college degree.  It's not even the job I wanted when I went to MEPS in 97, I got lucky.  

Very nice. Did that job require a security clearance?
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Military requires a secret clearance, FAA requires a lesser grade, not even confidential.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Military requires a secret clearance, FAA requires a lesser grade, not even confidential.  

That is good to know. I might need to sell off part of my arsenal to get myself presentable to a review board.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That is good to know. I might need to sell off part of my arsenal to get myself presentable to a review board.

nope.

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Good luck to you, OP.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#9]
common sense > booksmarts
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

common sense > booksmarts

Indeed.

Link Posted: 12/16/2010 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I had a 99+  

Never bragg about such a simple damn test...
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

there was this guy there who was bragging about his 95 AFQT

Dumbass
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

nope.

This....  no need to sell your shit.  But if ya do... DIBS!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top