Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2011 5:36:23 AM EDT
A kid shot himself with a machinegun in Massachusetts and the the machine gun's owner is being charged with involuntary manslaughter.

The trial is on tv right now
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:37:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:37:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Was that the Mini-Uzi with the 7 year old kid? They had a 15 yo kid supervising him during the shoot. Just a sad day.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 5:42:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Massachusetts is back to witch hunts, I see.

The gun did exactly what it was designed to do.  It did not malfunction in any way.
The child's father and legal guardian paid for the ammunition and range time, while being fully aware of what the gun was capable of doing.

It's a tragedy, for certain, but that doesn't mean it's someone's fault.
Accidents happen and the world is a dangerous place.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:12:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The gun did exactly what it was designed to do.  It did not malfunction in any way.
The child's father and legal guardian paid for the ammunition and range time, while being fully aware of what the gun was capable of doing.

Giving a 7 year old a full auto Uzi is probably not the brightest thing in the world.  I have seen full grown men who can't manage a mag dump on one.  Sorry, but I can see where there might be criminal culpability on this one.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#5]
ETA:  One guy was already acquitted.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/gun-fair-backer-acquitted-in-uzi-gunshot-death_2011-01-15.html

ETA Part. Deux:  Charges appear to have been dropped against the other defendants.

http://www.gazettenet.com/2011/01/19/uzi-case-charges-dropped

Am I thinking of the wrong case?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Giving a 7 year old a full auto Uzi is probably not the brightest thing in the world.  I have seen full grown men who can't manage a mag dump on one.  Sorry, but I can see where there might be criminal culpability on this one.

My 7 year old has a hard enough time keeping control of a paintball gun, much less a F/A Uzi.

Father failure, not gun owner.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Father video taped it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top