Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/27/2004 12:35:34 PM EST

I know that the Corps went to MARPAT but it doesn't look to be more effective than the woodland pattern. Is MARPAT better camo or is this just a way the Corps is trying to be different? Which pattern is more effective for wooded areas?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:37:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By BluEyeddEvil:
I know that the Corps went to MARPAT but it doesn't look to be more effective than the woodland pattern. Is MARPAT better camo or is this just a way the Corps is trying to be different? Which pattern is more effective for wooded areas?

Go read up about marpat, then come back and tell us how lame your question was.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:38:43 PM EST

Your statement is horridly incorrect....

If MARPAT were not far more effective than Woodland, the Marines wouldn't be playing in it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:39:18 PM EST
MARPAT - I am still issued Woodland but have MARPAT for life's little uncertainties. Mine is an aftermarket copy (Tru Spec) but the uniform is still rugged
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:42:43 PM EST
Even the Army is abandoning Woodland for the new 'ACU' which is a MARPAT-style pattern...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:44:17 PM EST
marapat IS better

but its ugly up close....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:44:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By rayra:

Go read up about marpat, then come back and tell us how lame your question was.

Blow me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:47:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By Zaphod:

If MARPAT were not far more effective than Woodland, the Marines wouldn't be playing in it.

I was thinking the same thing, the Marines usually do things the right way. I guess why the woodland pattern looks more effective to me is because I'm use to. I think I might get some MARPAT and see how it looks in the wooods.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:57:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2004 12:58:46 PM EST by mike45acp]
do i have to wear the new star trek army BDU's??

I cant wait, weird kevlar, crazy BDU's and a plastic rifle that looks like something they would sell at toys r us. Damn taliban dont fuk with me!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:00:10 PM EST

I was thinking the same thing, the Marines usually do things the right way.

That's really all the evidence you need.

If it was Navy, Air Force, etc., I might be more suspicious...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:00:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By mike45acp:
do i have to wear the new star trek army BDU's??

I cant wait, weird kevlar, crazy BDU's and a plastic rifle that looks like something they would sell at toys r us. Damn taliban dont fuk with me!

That reminded me of "Starship Troopers".
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:01:35 PM EST

I was thinking the same thing, the Marines usually do things the right way.

That's really all the evidence you need.

If it was Navy, Air Force, etc., I might be more suspicious...

Top Top