Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/2/2002 3:15:50 AM EST
well, we've picked up over 20,000 pieces of brass (and steel, for us wolf addicts!) with that much more to go. most folks did a great job of policing their brass...but some folks still walked away and left a gazillion rounds, including many live ones, in the grass. i've had help from at least six club members, including dale, steve, don and a.j.. and, other than a.j., we are a bunch of old farts bending over with bad backs and crawling around night after night in the hot sun on our hands and knees!! not a pretty sight. i assure you! heheh! about half the steel targets have been hauled off for scrap, and the many overfull trash cans are slowly getting emptied. these guys pride themselves on maintaining a clean shooting environment, and i'll keep working to get the range back to it's usual high standard of appearance. another 2 or three nights of cleanup and we should nave it licked! please support this fine club with a small donation. the mgc is mainly a trap shooting facility (with a small rifle range)...BUT, they bust their asses to support machinegunners and semi-auto rifle shooters! you cannot find a nicer people and they support and defend OUR gun rights...NOT just those of "scattergunners" and "hunters"! THEY know how serious the issues are that face ALL of us. please show that this attitude and what this club does to support us means more that just hot air. send a small donation to this club. trust me, a $10 donation means A LOT to this small facility, and it will go a long ways towards keeping a great facility open and on our side. thanks...i'll post their addy in a minute.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:22:55 AM EST
From your post - '....crawling around night after night in the hot sun...'???? Lord, [b]Campybob[/b], what planet were y'all on? Hell, in Texas it gets real hot, but at least the sun sets at night![:D] Eric The(Sympathetic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:43:42 AM EST
Bob I truly appreciate your efforts on behalf of all of us!! As for the donations, I think an amount needs to be suggested for every attendee next year. Something on the order of $10. - each. Something less than voluntary..... Put a suggestion on the jar or better yet walk down the line and collect. I suggest that more trash cans or better yet a dumpster are in order. Going down the line with a couple boxes of trash bags, handing a bag to each group, near the end of the day may be a way to encourage people to do their duty. It is bad enough you have to haul off the junk. There is NO WAY you should have to police the brass. THAT is ridiculous!! We no doubt left a few cases behind. For sure it was a few at most as we started cleaning up an hour before the end. We even took a couple buckets home with us rather than leaving it all for you to haul away. If you can identify those who left a mess, please share!
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:45:21 AM EST
Mapleton Gun Club 7901 Fairhill St. SE East Canton, Oh 44730 330-488-1800 eric...did you ever work as a continuity editor in hollywood? heheheh. actually, last night it was only "dusk" when "i" knocked off to run another load to the scrap yard. the other club members were STILL busting butt when i left! i was there at 4pm...and that sun was hot! (i'm a sissy). please don't take this post the wrong way. i am not complaining about the work...it comes with the territory. i'm just trying to make our members aware that this small group of shooters support us. in turn, WE should support them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:56:10 AM EST
mickey, our gang did a good job this year...that area was easy to police! thank you and thank the rest of the gob pile gang for me, please. and my wife is in love with george!!! next year, we will continue to make improvements in every area. i still like the donation concept, as not all folks are as fortunate as we. as i said, the brass patrol job is expected...no big deal. we'll have it licked tonight or tomorrow night. more trash cans is a good idea...even if they are just for one day. a big dumpster is also a good idea...just have folks help empty the trash/small targets into it. btw, mickey...we needed towman's rolloff! it took over an hour to get that k car onto the trailer! dang thing kept breaking into smaller and smaller pieces. heheh! mapleton has a fine club with good guys for members. as steve said, many folks pay $10 to shoot for 1/2 hour at an indoor range. i would hope asking for a 10-spot to help us out would not be out of line.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:58:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:44:19 AM EST
waldo, i was going to ask plate (the man with the "better idea"!) to borriw that thing...but i forgot, in the confusion. a great job was done by the shooters...nuch better than last year. when you blast as many rounds as we did, you have to expect more than a few strays! my hat is off to the shooters and mapleton members for doing a great job of keeping the range looking as good as when we arrived. i'll haul another load of trash/targets out tonight and smile, remembering the sound of all those guns running!
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:14:58 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:18:07 AM EST
Very well put GB!
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:23:39 AM EST
Sorry, I would like to contribute more time to posting on this thread, but I am preparing to make a [b]500 mile round trip[/b] to the Hun Farm in West Texas to see what the condition of the [b]Pease River[/b] might be! If the US Corps of Engineers gets there before I do, well, let's just say it will not be a pretty picture! And God help me if the Sheriff, the Game Warden, or my tenant have a chance to look at the River before I get there! The fact that I haven't received a flurry of long distance calls from Crowell makes me think that no one has seen anything wrong, so far... Eric The(I'llLeaveInTheMorningUnlessIHearThatTheRi­verWasCleanedUp!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 3:52:29 PM EST
Bob, You may not remember, but you "invited" me to attend bulletfest this year. Due to work, I was only able to come for a couple of hours but I had a great time. I got to play with an Uzi & M16 before having to leave. I will be sure to attend next year. I'll be sending my donation to Mapleton in tommorrow's mail. I'll try to get the entire weekend off next year so I can stay the whole day, plus help with your cleanup. Regards, Steve
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 4:11:32 PM EST
I donated 20 dollars like whoever the person was before me. There sure didn't seem like much in the bottle unless it was emptied from time to time. $20 is a good figure. Who can't spare 20 dollars to get together like we did Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:00:12 PM EST
I think GB hit the nail squarely on the head!! Anybody unable to afford 10 bucks can't afford to shoot anyway. Donations on top of that fee would be in order as well. The minigun was shooting $600 bursts. The 50BMG were doiing several hundred bucks as well. I would estimate ammo worth over $60,000 dollars went down range. $6k in range fees kinda pales don't it?! I get very annoyed at piggy people who do not clean up after themselves. I accept Campy hauling off the targets but even there some help is polite thing to do. I have one of those magnets and it sure made MY clean-up easier!! I shoot almost all Wolfe so the magnet is the way to go!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 5:30:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By MickeyMouse: Anybody unable to afford 10 bucks can't afford to shoot anyway.
View Quote
That sure is a mean thing to say... poor Imbrog
Top Top