Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2015 3:03:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2015 3:11:22 AM EDT by CompSyn]
Hypothetically speaking, this factitious epidemic of criminals using AR-15 style pistols loaded with M855 ammo could simply be countered with LEOs using AR500 body armor. Who's talking about that?

YouTube: http://youtu.be/nlwlKEeJ0vU

Specifically note: 5min, 7sec.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:06:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:06:33 AM EDT
It isn't about actually piercing armor, it's about how lawmakers and JBTs feel about the bullets.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:08:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2015 3:08:51 AM EDT by Mr_Smiley]
Ya...none of this is really about officer safety or M855s ability to penetrate body armor.

This is tyranny pure and simple.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:09:40 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By verticalgain:
It isn't about actually piercing armor, it's about how lawmakers and JBTs feel about the bullets.
View Quote

These bullets don't even have to be fired to hurt their feelz.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:12:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Mr_Smiley:
Ya...none of this is really about officer safety or M855s ability to penetrate body armor.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:33:59 AM EDT

View Quote

Right! I understand that.

It's just that after reading a few articles and watching a bunch of videos on this topic over at Fox News, no body has brought up this argument. Seems reasonable to me. I mean, if you're concerned about being shot with a rifle cartridge, then wear a vest that stops rifle cartridges. Why wouldn't the NRA or others make that argument?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:35:48 AM EDT

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:37:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CompSyn:

It's just that after reading a few articles and watching a bunch of videos on this topic over at Fox News, no body has brought up this argument. Seems reasonable to me. I mean, if you're concerned about being shot with a rifle cartridge, then wear a vest that stops rifle cartridges. Why wouldn't the NRA or others make that argument?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No. No more compromises.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:43:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2015 3:43:59 AM EDT by Mr_Smiley]

View All Quotes

I think because deconstructing the ATFs argument is the better approach.

It is a cartridge never meant to be fired from pistol

The projectile itself doesn't even meet the criteria of an AP round by ATFs own definitions.

Those two counter arguments are irrefutable, and the fact that the ATF is continuing on full steam ahead makes me believe that the time for these debates is coming to an end.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:44:24 AM EDT
It's about gun control. Nothing more, nothing less.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:41:15 AM EDT
No one wants to wear AR500 all day. Fuck that.

Also, a .30-30 will bust through soft armor and it's been available for over a century. That's not what this is really about.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:43:24 AM EDT

View All Quotes

The argument is a trap. If you argue the minutia it gives credence to the premise, but it is the premise that is wrong. So another approach must be made and that's what the NRA and pro-gun politicians are doing right now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:38:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AlphaOperator:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlphaOperator:
Originally Posted By verticalgain:

M855 is so awesome that it will penetrate body armor when thrown at policemen.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:40:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By brich2929:

No. No more compromises.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brich2929:

No. No more compromises.

/Thread
Top Top