Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#4]
.410 slugs can be used to take deer at close range.  So, I imagine, could .410 buckshot.  I'd get the .22lr version and concentrate on harvesting smaller, more plentiful critters.  If you are surviving on the move, you can't carry a whole deer around with you after you shoot it, anyway.  If you are operating from a fixed base, then why not carry a more conventional rifle?  Maybe a .357 lever gu, so you can shoot ssmall to medium game.  The limiting factor on this piece is its practical accuracy.  If you can mount scopes on it, that will be an improvement, but then how much of the value of collapsing it is lost?
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm going to have to rethink my hole strategy here...
View Quote

You're present hole strategy isn't working out the way you'd like? [}:D]

Geeze, I should know better than this...
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#7]
My sister started out with the parkerized version for deer with slugs.  At 50yds it was minute of boiler room (3" on a paper plate).  Open sights are fine for how accurate the thing is.  You can pack that thing all day long on a hike and forget you are holding it.  Planerench out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top