Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2001 6:01:22 PM EDT
Close examination shows them as roughly equal in quality.  Colt's is a little more "glossy" on the barrel, the BM a lot more of a dark matte-grey.  Price is RADICALLY different: Colt goes for as high as $900, BM in the neighborhood of $500-600, + $50 for the Colt M4 handguards if you want to go that route.

Any input on this is appreciated!
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#1]
This question sounds almost silly, go Bushmaster for sure. The price difference between the two just ain't worth it.

And to be honest with you, I prefer Bushmaster myself anyway. Just my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This question sounds almost silly, go Bushmaster for sure. The price difference between the two just ain't worth it.

And to be honest with you, I prefer Bushmaster myself anyway. Just my humble opinion.
View Quote

That's what I figured.  I was just looking for some compelling reason why I should spend that kind of money on a Colt...hoping I wouldn't find one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Only if you are a collector of "Colt" does it really matter.  IMO  I go out of my way to purchase Bushmaster instead of Colt.  I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
At this time I will only buy Bushmaster.
Colt and Bushmaster buy there parts from the some people they make very lil. on there own now.
So you get the same thing.

From time to time this is not the case, then you need to look at who there getting thee parts from and why and pick the better one.
Most of the time you will find thee the same you just pay for the name.
One way to tell who will cost more right off is who has the mil. contarct that day.
Bushmaster mas had it only one time buy thats more about price, the gov. will buy from the low bider.

Colt or Bushmaster you will have an AR you can shoot and have a good time with for a very long time so it's not a real big deal as long as you know NOT to buy any other AR's than:Colt,Bushmaster and Rock River Arms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top