Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2011 5:46:22 AM EDT
How would you re-set the piston nut? Mine was loose when I bought it and after 200 rounds was loose enough to not operate the bolt 100% each shot. Can I just lock tite the nut threads? There is a tiny hole that leads to the threads but there is nothing in it and I can't see any sign of staking.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:05:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been told Loctite so I gave it a shot. I have only fired about 200 rounds after and it seemed to hold just fine.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:36:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The proper way is to tighten it with the proper wrench then stake it.

Loc-Tite is worth a try, worse comes to worse you just do it the right way.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]
How is it staked? All I see is a hole that leads to the threads of the nut. Willing to order the wrench, but want to shoot Wednesday....
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to the CMP forums and see the M1 Carbine threads.  TONS of information there.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#5]
staked nut.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top