Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2001 9:34:33 AM EDT
Here is a copy of an Email I just sent to Armalite. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Gentlemen; I purchased M15A2 SER#USxxxxxx on 5/26/01 From Gun Country in Ft Lauderdale. I immediately noticed that the trigger was EXTREMELY stiff and hard to pull. I figured it probably needed to "shoot in" and proceeded to run approximately 50 boxes of assorted ammo through it with no noticeable improvement in trigger function. Today after shot #1 the trigger failed to come forward and reset, and the entire lower unit is locked up tight with the hammer stuck on full cock, the trigger stuck back in firing position and the safety locked on "FIRE" Please contact me with instructions as to the return of the lower for repair.

Any advice? comments? Other than "Buy a Bushy?"
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes it was. In box all paper work ETC
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#4]
call me, i can talk you through a check on phone

i carry any armalite part it might be, and could send it out to you free, and you just return the defective part to me ( i'm sure armalite will replace my stock)

don smith
405-414-0094

diversified metal works inc
5910 will rogers
enid, ok 73703
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
call me, i can talk you through a check on phone

i carry any armalite part it might be, and could send it out to you free, and you just return the defective part to me ( i'm sure armalite will replace my stock)

don smith
405-414-0094

diversified metal works inc
5910 will rogers
enid, ok 73703
View Quote

Hey guys! This Don Smith has already contacted me once, and is literally bending over backwards trying to help. I will be talking to Armalite on Monday, and with their OK I will be working with Don on my problem. From what I've heard on the board so far Dons turn around is probably WAY shorter. Thanks again Don!
LETS SEND THIS GUY SOME BUSINESS!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
have you looked to see if there is a blown primer under the trigger group?

mike
View Quote

That's a good Idea, But I don't know if I am messing with my warranty with any disassembly or not. I also want to address the 50lb trigger pull with them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
armalite will make it right for you. They are a great bunch.

mike
View Quote

Yeah,I'm not worried about it. The only bad thing I hear about them is long turnaround. This just isnt the time to have a club for a rifle. Or 1/2 a rifle!
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#10]
If you do have to return it to ArmaLite, consider taking it back to your dealer.  Let them absorb the shipping costs.

Good luck,

Eddie
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you do have to return it to ArmaLite, consider taking it back to your dealer.  Let them absorb the shipping costs.

Good luck,

Eddie
View Quote

I would have to ship it to him in the first place. He's about 150 miles south of me, besides I get free shipping at work. Its one of my perks! Thanks for the advice anyway!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top