Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2005 6:21:24 PM EDT
Ammoman sells 10 of these mags for $129 shipped.  They claim it is comparable to GI mags.  Are these chinese mags?  Any first hand account on how well/reliable they work?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe these are the T57 mags (from Taiwan).  FWIW, I have five and all have functioned 100% thus far.  Bear in mind they may be a little rough when removed from the paper they come in and need to be cleaned.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#3]
General concensus is that they are Taiwanese.  They for sure are not Chinese, the CHinese magazines are different.

You can expect some rust spots as many of the magainzes have them, the finish isn't parkerizing, more of a matt blue, all that I've bought work just great, and it means that my expensive USGI mags can stay packed away.

If you need or want M1A magazines, these are a GREAT buy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#4]
www.dansammo.com also has M14 mags (from Taiwan).  Are these the same mags as the ones Ammoman sells?  Are they blued or parkerized?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a couple Parkerized Actual Chinese(read Commie)  M-14 Mags, Both function as well as the original GI!!!

I will say this The U.S. made ones have makers marks stamped on the rear generally and are charcoal color generally!! The chinese ones are more of a Plain Medium Gray with no makers marks.

It's hard to tell anymore with the expiration of the Assault weapons ban though since anyone ccan import again! Remember Besides us, Israel, Taiwan, Phillipines,Nigeria,Korea and more recently Lithuania and Estonia have all used M-14's and they could have made their own magazines too!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
IIRC Taiwan M14 mags are made on old USGI tooling .
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:10:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Look up 'banana mag' on GunBroker!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:14:08 AM EDT
[#8]
The Ammoman mags are great!

I believe they're Taiwanese.

Great value IMHO. Buy ten.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ammoman sells 10 of these mags for $129 shipped.  They claim it is comparable to GI mags.  Are these chinese mags?  Any first hand account on how well/reliable they work?

Thanks

Check out this thread I started a while back. I think it answered most of your concerns.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=6&t=176526
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out their website

ammoman.com/

or better yet, give Eric a call at (609) 828-7647 or (856) 753-2500.

He's always been great to talk to and very up front. Just bought a case of Australian .308 from him and no problems whatsoever.

RJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top