Posted: 9/26/2005 12:29:31 PM EDT
Guilty

edited for accuracy

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#1]
OMG. Wow, that is terrible.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Lynndie England is 22 years old. The story said she faces a maximum of 10 years.

FORT HOOD, Texas — Army Pfc. Lynndie England (search), whose smiling poses in photos of detainee abuse at Baghdad's Abu Ghraib prison made her the face of the scandal, was convicted Monday by a military jury on six of seven counts.

England, 22, was found guilty of one count of conspiracy, four counts of maltreating detainees and one count of committing an indecent act. She was acquitted on a second conspiracy count.

The jury of five male Army officers took about two hours to reach its verdict. Her case now moves into the sentencing phase, which will determined by the same jury. She faces a maximum 10 years in prison.

England's trial is the last for a group of nine Army reservists charged with mistreating prisoners at Abu Ghraib (search) in Iraq. Two others were convicted in trials and the remaining six made plea deals. Several of those soldiers testified at England's trial.

Prosecutors used graphic photos of England to support their contention that she was a key figure in the abuse conspiracy. One photo shows England holding a naked detainee on a leash. In others, she smiles and points to prisoners in humiliating poses.

They also pointed to her statement to Army investigators in January 2004 that the mistreatment was done to amuse the U.S. guards at Abu Ghraib.

"The accused knew what she was doing," said Capt. Chris Graveline, the lead prosecutor. "She was laughing and joking. ... She is enjoying, she is participating, all for her own sick humor."

Capt. Jonathan Crisp, England's lawyer, countered that England was only trying to please her soldier boyfriend, then-Cpl. Charles Graner Jr (search)., labeled the abuse ringleader by prosecutors.

"She was a follower, she was an individual who was smitten with Graner," Crisp said. "She just did whatever he wanted her to do."

England has said that Graner, now serving a 10-year sentence, fathered her young son.

The defense argued that England suffered from depression and that she has an overly compliant personality, making her a heedless participant in the abuse.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
22 years?

From the article:

She faces a maximum 10 years in prison.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Where does it say that she gets 22 years?

She faces a maximum 10 years in prison.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
up to 10 years . . . . I doubt she will recieve the maximum sentence - And where would she serve that ?
Depending on the state - she might get out even earlier
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Stupid bitch and her friends delivered the biggest propaganda coup possible to the insurgents and anti-war crowd.  It was gold for people who want to see the US mission in Iraq humilated, defeated, and declared morally bankrupt.  Why else do you think the NY Times ran front page stories about Abu Ghraib for 60 days straight?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#7]
She's ugly
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Lynndie England is 22 years old. The story said she faces a maximum of 10 years.

FORT HOOD, Texas — Army Pfc. Lynndie England (search), whose smiling poses in photos of detainee abuse at Baghdad's Abu Ghraib prison made her the face of the scandal, was convicted Monday by a military jury on six of seven counts.

England, 22, was found guilty of one count of conspiracy, four counts of maltreating detainees and one count of committing an indecent act. She was acquitted on a second conspiracy count.

The jury of five male Army officers took about two hours to reach its verdict. Her case now moves into the sentencing phase, which will determined by the same jury. She faces a maximum 10 years in prison.

England's trial is the last for a group of nine Army reservists charged with mistreating prisoners at Abu Ghraib (search) in Iraq. Two others were convicted in trials and the remaining six made plea deals. Several of those soldiers testified at England's trial.

Prosecutors used graphic photos of England to support their contention that she was a key figure in the abuse conspiracy. One photo shows England holding a naked detainee on a leash. In others, she smiles and points to prisoners in humiliating poses.

They also pointed to her statement to Army investigators in January 2004 that the mistreatment was done to amuse the U.S. guards at Abu Ghraib.

"The accused knew what she was doing," said Capt. Chris Graveline, the lead prosecutor. "She was laughing and joking. ... She is enjoying, she is participating, all for her own sick humor."

Capt. Jonathan Crisp, England's lawyer, countered that England was only trying to please her soldier boyfriend, then-Cpl. Charles Graner Jr (search)., labeled the abuse ringleader by prosecutors.

"She was a follower, she was an individual who was smitten with Graner," Crisp said. "She just did whatever he wanted her to do."

England has said that Graner, now serving a 10-year sentence, fathered her young son.

The defense argued that England suffered from depression and that she has an overly compliant personality, making her a heedless participant in the abuse.

hahahahahaha sorry, your gonna get flamed for that Lennster
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
She's ugly

+1
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Its "Ernie" from My Three Sons!

CWO

Edited for accuracy.  Thanks Strats
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#12]
She committed no crime, but we allow the media hype to over escalate her actions. Since when do we care about terrorists feeling or ego's. I can assure you her actions were supervised and encouraged by the CIA. And yes it was a large blow to the U.S. forces reputation.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#13]
What a bunch of BS.  Add another to the list of once proud americans who will probably attack us and have a right to lash out at the ones that owe her her life back.

I feel sorry for her and others like her.  The commanding officers knew about it.  Where is there heat?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#14]
All this crap happened and only the lowest ranking private gets in trouble.  What about the guy with the camera?  How many people were on their guard shift?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#15]
she's the most obvious fall "guy", smiling and posing in those pictures so she's screwed.

I bet if she was just a bit prettier the system would've been much kinder, sad but I think it's true
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuck they could have used her to kick start a campagin against rag-heads.

"When it doubt, point and laugh!"

We're suppose to be fighting a war, not a damned PC Campaign.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Its "Chip" from My Three Sons!

CWO

That's Ernie.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
She ought to be promoted.

Please explain?  Patty
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/mfingar/Misc/mosh_girl.jpg

dude.

dude.

DUDE.

Thats fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#25]

yea, but the question is .......'Would you hit it ?'
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
All this crap happened and only the lowest ranking private gets in trouble.  What about the guy with the camera?  How many people were on their guard shift?

BS.

She was last one to go on trial.

"England's trial is the last for a group of nine Army reservists charged with mistreating prisoners at Abu Ghraib in     Iraq, a scandal that badly damaged the United States' image in the Muslim world despite quick condemnation of the abuse by     President Bush. Two other troops were convicted in trials and the remaining six made plea deals. Several of those soldiers testified at England's trial."

In addition, a bunch of officers, including the general in charge of the prison, got punished for it.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
She committed no crime, but we allow the media hype to over escalate her actions. Since when do we care about terrorists feeling or ego's. I can assure you her actions were supervised and encouraged by the CIA. And yes it was a large blow to the U.S. forces reputation.

+1, fucking MSM are just itching to spit in our troops faces and call them babykillers again.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BS.

She was last one to go on trial.

"England's trial is the last for a group of nine Army reservists charged with mistreating prisoners at Abu Ghraib in     Iraq, a scandal that badly damaged the United States' image in the Muslim world despite quick condemnation of the abuse by     President Bush. Two other troops were convicted in trials and the remaining six made plea deals. Several of those soldiers testified at England's trial."

In addition, a bunch of officers, including the general in charge of the prison, got punished for it.

The Officers got slaps on the Goddamn hands when they should be the ones in damn Leavenworth.  Its their complete lack of Leadership and Professionalism that lead to this debacle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#30]
The whole thing sucks.

Everytime I think about what little she did I contrast it with the latest report of what the RoP® has done recently... Beheadings, blowing up kids and teachers, etc.

Only in our idiotic liberal-controlled media could underwear on the head and humiliation be equivalent to murders.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#31]
sucks for her. I am sure nothing would have been done or it was possibly encouraged by her superiors if it wasn't for the pictures. I hope they beat the shit out of whoever spread them all over the internet
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
up to 10 years . . . . I doubt she will recieve the maximum sentence - And where would she serve that ?

Federal charges..............states have nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
www.eatonlink.com/Portals/8/UserFiles/Miscellaneous/02.jpg

And the answer is..................................................
NO WAY IN HELL.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Gak. I wouldn't fuck her with your dick. Besides, I know where her hands have been.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The whole thing sucks.

Everytime I think about what little she did I contrast it with the latest report of what the RoP® has done recently... Beheadings, blowing up kids and teachers, etc.

Only in our idiotic liberal-controlled media could underwear on the head and humiliation be equivalent to murders.  

thats what i feel ...

what the fuck does it matter what the MSM calls us..

they dont run the war .. no they have proven that they do ..

kill the bastards .

stick a cigerate in the mouths of dead ROP'ers and have them pose for pics if they want..

hell even do  such "evil" things as put fucking underqwear on their heads..

but just kill them ..

fuck the media .., guess the days of the enemy fearing you are gone,,

now the enemy can sue you and send you to prision...

I can imagine the lawyer commericals over there..

"did an infidel hurt your feelings?
"  then call mohamd at '1800 take an infidels' ranch "      

we dont get paid untill you colloect .. !!

it sadens me..

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#36]
its a shame that she could get 10 years over this bs.  are we at war or not?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Holy Crap!  In that crowd- she looks almost normal.  

She may not have been the primary culprit, but for hurting the war effort, she deserves to go to jail.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

For being a pig. For allowing herself to be photographed, and for hurting the war effort. She deserves to go to jail.

thsis is what gets me..

"hurting the war effort"

thats bullshit..... the only way she hurt the war effort is by poking a finger at them instead of a bayonet..

again the media does not run the show..    

" it convionced the people on the fence that we are bad?"     after they BEHEAD AMERICANS !!!!!!  FUCK THEM

since when do we want the enemy to "like" us.. thats when the war is lost ... when you want the enemy to like you ... instead of die.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy Crap!  In that crowd- she looks almost normal.  

She may not have been the primary culprit, but for hurting the war effort, she deserves to go to jail.

If only for being so fucking stupid as to have posed for pictures while doing it......yeah sure...take a few hundred pictures....what could possibly go wrong??
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#40]
If humiliating the Al Queda gets them to spill their guts, I say do what you gotta do.  That said, what she did ended up hurting the perception of the US forces immesurably in the minds of the Iraqi public.  Those pics where a really stupid thing to do.  I say give her 10 years.

FB
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
If humiliating the Al Queda gets them to spill their guts, I say do what you gotta do.  That said, what she did ended up hurting the perception of the US forces immesurably in the minds of the Iraqi public.  Those pics where a really stupid thing to do.  I say give her 10 years.

FB

< cluster turns off the computer and goes outside... >  ..  going to the store .. bye folks.. < / cluster turns off the computer and goes outside...>

eta..

before i go ..

what she did ended up hurting the perception of the US forces immesurably in the minds of the Iraqi public.

that should of been handeled better..
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd hit it...if it attacked me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Please, let's be realistic about this. She is a product of our new society. Therefore, who can expect more of her?

In short, she is a skank ho. Furthermore, she was put up to all this because she is a half wit.

Do any of you really think she cooked all this up on her own? No way! The half-wit did what she was told.

But, please let me say this: I do thank her for her sacrifice and service to our country.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

No state involved.  She's going to one of the military Inmate Detention Facilities.  It's like Basic Training on crack.

Unfortunately, United States military forces have to treat EPW (Enemy Prisoners of War) better than we treat our own inmates.  I don't necessarily agree with that; however, that's the way the US Military operates.  They taught us all classes on it in Basic Training.  It was one of the classes they held in the big horking hot auditorium where they watch for privates to fall asleep.

Some of you know I'm a former Military Intel weenie.  While we do interrogations, the stuff they were doing was not interrogations, and making documentary evidence of it which was subsequently released indicated extremely poor judgement.  And yes, it does hurt the war effort, if nothing more than to give the bastards something else to fight for.

That said, the real culprit in this is the news media who went out for blood.  Had the newsies not made this into the huge stink it became, the military could have handled it like they normally would, by punishing those in charge.  Once her name was plastered on every newspaper, her chances were screwed.  We expect privates to act like dumbasses.  We don't expect NCOs and officers who should know better.

My heart goes out to her.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Nasty ho. Jochen Peiper could have used recruits like her.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Oh, I forgot!

She's a single mother for God's Sake! (of a bastard!)

Hose Queen!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FB

< cluster turns off the computer and goes outside... >  ..  going to the store .. bye folks.. < / cluster turns off the computer and goes outside...>

eta..

before i go ..

what she did ended up hurting the perception of the US forces immesurably in the minds of the Iraqi public.

that should of been handeled better..

Al Jazeera (sp) ran the crap out of those pics. They (AJ)  told the entire middle east that we are really no better than Saddam.  You don't think that the pics had any effect on the 16-30 year old muslim males in Iraq?  She & her buddies gave a lot of material to the folks who recruit for Al Qaeda.  My understanding is that the ROP  folks did not fear death threats, but they did fear humiliation greatly.  I don't much care what we did to them.  I just don't think having those pics aired was in the best interest of the US or our guys trying to live with the Iraqis.

FB
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stupid bitch and her friends delivered the biggest propaganda coup possible to the insurgents and anti-war crowd.  It was gold for people who want to see the US mission in Iraq humilated, defeated, and declared morally bankrupt.  Why else do you think the NY Times ran front page stories about Abu Ghraib for 60 days straight?

+1…

They probably did more to undermine the Coalition in Iraq than any other incident. It convinced the Iraqis sitting on the fence that the Coalition was 'bad'.

ANdy

The self-same Iraqis who would not mind fighting alongside evil men bent on controlling Iraq and making Lynndie England's escapades look like tea time?  Who think pictures are worse than jihadist beheadings or Saddam feeding someone into a wood chipper?  I think we were lost to those guys anyway.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Yeah, with a fuckin baseball bat...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top