Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 3:06:32 AM EST
So I was in San Francisco working/visiting a friend the other week.

We ended up having lunch with some of his friends... one of whom was a professor at Berkeley.

So I end up sitting next to this guy and the conversation turns to guns -go figure-. Well he comes right out and describes himself as a right-leaning libertarian. Pro-2A... the whole works... gun owner... said it was important that we keep our guns to protect us from government... Had to pinch myself to see if I was awake.

Anyways, I thought it was a good sign and a reminder that we are not totally lost. If it looks like a skunk, and smells like a skunk, it might not be a skunk.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:12:24 AM EST
He's the token on campus.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:13:39 AM EST
Any idea what department he was from?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:15:48 AM EST
Where did you eat?? I work there..
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:44:34 AM EST
From Berkeley? Home of the Communist party in America Berkeley? Jesus, there is some good left there....
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:49:13 AM EST
dunno this guy in particular so im simply commenting on my experiences...

most people like this will still vote against the 2nd in order to elect someone who will grow govt, increase taxes, and all the liberal programs that go along w/ all that.

then again, he could be a good conservative looking to actually educate students and not indoctrinate them
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:49:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2009 3:50:17 AM EST by jmb_nova]
He is Berkleys version of Affirmative Action...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:52:59 AM EST
Originally Posted By JacobsandApples:
So I was in San Francisco working/visiting a friend the other week.

We ended up having lunch with some of his friends... one of whom was a professor at Berkeley.

So I end up sitting next to this guy and the conversation turns to guns -go figure-. Well he comes right out and describes himself as a right-leaning libertarian. Pro-2A... the whole works... gun owner... said it was important that we keep our guns to protect us from government... Had to pinch myself to see if I was awake.

Anyways, I thought it was a good sign and a reminder that we are not totally lost. If it looks like a skunk, and smells like a skunk, it might not be a skunk.

San Francisco + Berkeley Professor + Right Leaning + Pro-2A =

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:12:42 PM EST
Agent provocateur.

He's seeing how you would react, then make note of your name in his little notepad, to be entered into the Commie database this evening.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:14:38 PM EST
He was a spy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:14:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By A_Free_Man:
Agent provocateur.

He's seeing how you would react, then make note of your name in his little notepad, to be entered into the Commie database this evening.

This, That scene from "The Lives of Others" comes to mind.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:29:24 PM EST
What department?
Economics and engineering tend to be conservative, in my experience.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:56:45 PM EST
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the largest student organization at the University of Berkley was . . .

The Young Republicans.

Seriously.
Top Top