Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/9/2004 8:29:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2004 8:29:35 AM EST by Merlin]
While driving back to work, a coworker and I saw a USAF/Lockheed C-5B Galaxy aircraft make a touch-n-go on the east runway at Huntsville (AL) International airport. After parking at the company lot, we stopped and watched it come in and do it again.

Wow! There's something about a really really huge aircraft come in and land so gracefully and then take right off again without even appearing to break a sweat!

BTW: the company parking lot is about 1/4 mile from the runway (the Jetplex is actually built right between the 2 runways) so we had a ringside seat to the touchdown.

Then, on the way back to our building, we saw 2 beautiful women, one of which we got to follow for quite a while before they disappeared.

Whatever I've doing right today, I'm going to keep on doing!

Merlin
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:32:56 AM EST
A really good day you could fly the plane or ride the woman.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:33:39 AM EST

Yeah, Huntsville kicks ass. Thank goodness for the aerospace economy in Alabama. And automotive.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:57:31 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:27:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/titan68/useless.gif

Yeah, I wondered how long this thread would last before someone posted this. I, too, wish I had pics.

Especially since when I went home at 2 PM it was still there and did another TNG right in front of me again. Beautiful sight!

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:46:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/10/2004 3:52:40 AM EST by u-baddog]
One of the small pleasures of working and living in this area of VA is that I get to witness our nations finest at work.

I get to watch.
USAF and Naval air perform all kind of fight ops
SEALS and their boat units practice their crafts. Naval Aircraft carries to tugboats dancing.
I cant even list the events I have watched Army units perform. Small arms to loading ships.
A10 warthogs practicing the high speed tank killing runs and YES dog fighting with each other.

COOL
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:09:22 AM EST
Not as impressive, but last night it was a USN/Lockheed E-2C Hawkeye doing the TNG's for about an hour. I got to answer a bunch of people's question as to what was the UFO-looking thing on top of the aircraft.

Thanks,

Merlin
Top Top