Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 9:29:01 AM EDT
While driving back to work, a coworker and I saw a USAF/Lockheed C-5B Galaxy aircraft make a touch-n-go on the east runway at Huntsville (AL) International airport.  After parking at the company lot, we stopped and watched it come in and do it again.

Wow!  There's something about a really really huge aircraft come in and land so gracefully and then take right off again without even appearing to break a sweat!

BTW:  the company parking lot is about 1/4 mile from the runway (the Jetplex is actually built right between the 2 runways) so we had a ringside seat to the touchdown.

Then, on the way back to our building, we saw 2 beautiful women, one of which we got to follow for quite a while before they disappeared.

Whatever I've doing right today, I'm going to keep on doing!

Merlin
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#1]
A really good day you could fly the plane or ride the woman.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Yeah, Huntsville kicks ass.  Thank goodness for the aerospace economy in Alabama.  And automotive.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:27:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/titan68/useless.gif

Yeah, I wondered how long this thread would last before someone posted this.  I, too, wish I had pics.

Especially since when I went home at 2 PM it was still there and did another TNG right in front of me again.  Beautiful sight!

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:46:48 AM EDT
[#5]
One of the small pleasures of working and living in this area of VA is that I get to witness our nations finest at work.

I get to watch.
USAF and Naval air perform all kind of fight ops
SEALS and their boat units practice their crafts. Naval Aircraft carries to tugboats dancing.
I cant even list the events I have watched Army units perform. Small arms to loading ships.
A10 warthogs practicing the high speed tank killing runs and YES dog fighting with each other.

COOL
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Not as impressive, but last night it was a USN/Lockheed E-2C Hawkeye doing the TNG's for about an hour.  I got to answer a bunch of people's question as to what was the UFO-looking thing on top of the aircraft.

Thanks,

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top