Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/29/2012 3:15:04 PM EDT
Was at an antiques place and in the back they had some old guns. Two of them were Lugers. One had a shoulder stock attached. The other did not have the shoulder stock attached (or even present) but it had the lug for it.

Are these super rare or particularly valuable/special? I've seen lugers before but never with a shoulder stock.

They were both 30 cal and both were DWM. Both were had some light pitting. Did not get to play with them so I'm not sure about number matching. They wanted $1695 for the one with the shoulder stock. I think the one without the stock but with the lug was like $1400. I'm pretty sure the prices were negotiable.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:25:49 PM EDT
Paging PO8.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:30:19 PM EDT
SBR?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:46:10 PM EDT
Yeah, the Luger's with the stocks are valuable. I have no way of knowing if either gun was worth the asking price though without more info, like manufactuer, markings, condition, pics, etc.

Assuming the stocks are original they are exempt from the NFA and can be used on those Lugers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:53:20 PM EDT
Most Lugers will accept shoulder stocks. The way I read the ATF is you can only mount original shoulder stocks on Lugers that originally had them like artillery and naval models. They will be charging a premium for these models.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:56:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AKengineer:
SBR?

Not if original.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:00:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KaiK:
SBR?

Not if original.

I now want an Artillery Luger with a snail mag and shoulder thing that goes up.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:04:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2012 6:06:07 PM EDT by SD307]
Originally Posted By Justa_TXguy:
Was at an antiques place and in the back they had some old guns. Two of them were Lugers. One had a shoulder stock attached. The other did not have the shoulder stock attached (or even present) but it had the lug for it.

Are these super rare or particularly valuable/special? I've seen lugers before but never with a shoulder stock.

They were both 30 cal and both were DWM. Both were had some light pitting. Did not get to play with them so I'm not sure about number matching. They wanted $1695 for the one with the shoulder stock. I think the one without the stock but with the lug was like $1400. I'm pretty sure the prices were negotiable.

MY UNDERSTANDING IS --- all lugers will take the stock (have the lug) but only the artillery or naval lugers were issued with them. the stock itself is valuable but is most likley a repo they are very hard for the uninformed to tell. C-96 stocks are also often repos too.

1695 is high to me unless it is a arty or naval -very doubtful. 1400 is also high unless it is a ww I dated in near perfect condition. also they maybe Russian captures worth much less the mark maybe under the barrel or any number of other places.
If you take pics IM Me I'll try to help

pay close attention to p08's advice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:24:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KaiK:
SBR?

Not if original.

I now want an Artillery Luger with a snail mag and shoulder thing that goes up.

Original snail mags are super expensive.
Top Top