Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2015 8:41:47 AM EDT
Does anyone really believe these numbers?  

Around 220k was the expected number.  

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/05/business/economy/jobs-report-hiring-unemployment-wages-interest-rates.html?_r=0
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#1]
DRUDGE SIREN
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
And we let in 500,000 illegal immigrants in the same time frame. Summer of recovery!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The company I work for hired 7, lost 2.

We have something like 30 current job openings, 25 or so limited to blind or visually impaired people.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:46:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We have something like 30 current job openings, 25 or so limited to blind or visually impaired people.
View Quote

I have a hard time visualizing that.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Low jobs that are also low paying jobs.  

Another victory for our transition from a production economy to a service oriented economy.  Thanks Bubba!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see what you did there (but they won't)
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#7]
If you think this is good, wait until the October 2016 report
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Lies, I lost my job this month due to a piss poor economy. Worked for a big crane rental outfit, and they have no work.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#9]
In a couple of weeks they'll revise the numbers down by about 200,000 and blame it on the drought.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:52:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And we let in 500,000 illegal immigrants in the same time frame. Summer of recovery!
View Quote

Then add in the legal immigrants we let in in the same time frame and you don't have to wonder why one third of the US American citizen population has been driven out of the work force.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're hired. Report to work on Monday.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, it was kinda' windy -- so those numbers  EXPECTED when the wind kicks up.    Don't you know ANYTHING about how the economy works

Plus I think there was a sinkhole in Florida; so that's whats to blame, NOT Obama. No Sir !
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I remember when the rule of thumb was 300,000 new jobs monthly and 3% GDP to break even. Anything less than that was a net loss
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I remember when the rule of thumb was 300,000 new jobs monthly and 3% GDP to break even. Anything less than that was a net loss
View Quote

Well -- that's for Republicans.  When a Dimocrat is in office; ANY positive growth is reported as "solid".  Their voters are too stupid to realize that you need 250k a month just to stay afloat.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#15]
A record 94,031,000 Americans were not in the American labor force
last month -- 261,000 more than July -- and the labor force
participation rate stayed stuck at 62.6 percent, a 38-year low, for a
third straight month in August, the Labor Department reported on Friday,
as the nation heads into the Labor Day weekend.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember Nancy Pelosi criticizing President Bush when only 400,000 jobs were created a month. Crickets now at 173,000.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#17]
95,000,000 not working.  Lowest labor participation rate since 1977.

Obama and Carter are stains on the economy of the United States.

Wait until the Fed begins to raise rates, and they will.  The free money train can't go on forever.

You'll see some truely aweful economic conditions that will last for quite awhile.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#18]
How many were filled with H1B's doing professional work for half of what an American would?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Our main employer, Alpha(coal mine) closed down.

On the flip side I am currently hiring unskilled labor and can't fill the positions. Granted they aren't great jobs and the pay is low at $9-$10 but the requirements are to be 18, not be a felon, and show up. I don't even care if you can read, or finished school.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#20]
But 5% unemployment, right?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A record 94,031,000 Americans were not in the American labor force last month -- 261,000 more than July -- and the labor force participation rate stayed stuck at 62.6 percent, a 38-year low, for a third straight month in August, the Labor Department reported on Friday, as the nation heads into the Labor Day weekend.
View Quote

Hey, but the rate went down to 5.1! yay.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#22]
The company I work for is hiring, has some of the best wages/benefits in the area for unskilled labor, and we still have had a half a dozen tards quit before they got to their probation period.

That being said, I absolutely believe the jobs numbers. The problem is, the vast majority of them are not great jobs with good pay/benefits, but enough for people to be working and not collecting unemployment. I would wager that disposable income is down drastically per capita and will only continue to decline as a % of income. Much in part due to Obamacare among other things.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you work for Stoneheart?

Fans of The Strain may get the reference.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Kony 2016 . A proven job creator and leader. Not to mention he is good with children.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Lies, I lost my job this month due to a piss poor economy. Worked for a big crane rental outfit, and they have no work.
View Quote

Sorry brother.  This no work club sucks.  I've been out of work since January - I worked in oil and gas and it doesn't look to be coming back any time soon.  

But hey, the .gov says the economy is great.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
DRUDGE SIREN
View Quote

Lol hurry to arfcom! Must be the first to post something we all see on drudge
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I created 2 of those jobs....

We are growing like crazy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Welcome the hope and change!  Pickup that can!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Does anyone really believe these numbers?  

Around 220k was the expected number.  

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/05/business/economy/jobs-report-hiring-unemployment-wages-interest-rates.html?_r=0
View Quote

Does anybody actually believe that the unemployment rate in the US is only 5.1%?

Liberals do.  According to them, Obama has fixed everything.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A record 94,031,000 Americans were not in the American labor force last month -- 261,000 more than July -- and the labor force participation rate stayed stuck at 62.6 percent, a 38-year low, for a third straight month in August, the Labor Department reported on Friday, as the nation heads into the Labor Day weekend.
View Quote

Wow, sounds bad! Lucky for us the unemployment rate went down, right?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a 400% turnover rate for about 30% of our factory jobs right now.  Yes, they are lower paying jobs and it's mostly grunt work or machine operator work.  

People don't want to work and it seems they don't have to. I'm keeping habitual offenders of attendance and mediocre work because I can't get the product out the door without them.  

Yes I know you get what you pay for , but in eight years of this right now is the worst it's ever been. There are a dozen places that I drive past on the way to work that have had signs out looking for people.
People suck. No work ethic at all.

Now I'm going to drink.

Go Irish!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#32]
News reported a significant amount of those jobs were school teachers and government jobs. Supposedly it's both the best employment since 2008 and the 5th worst month of 2015. Wages continue to be an issue.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Sorry brother.  This no work club sucks.  I've been out of work since January - I worked in oil and gas and it doesn't look to be coming back any time soon.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was nosy of our work. Wireline and rig moves. Last rig move we did 3 weeks ago is going home to Texas instead of the next well. Everyone around here put all of their eggs in the gas well basket, now they are getting hosed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I work at a 501.C3 that trains and employs people who are blind or visually impaired.
We recently had 3 employees who were contracting at the VA become full time gov employees. Upward mobility, baby!

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have a 400% turnover rate for about 30% of our factory jobs right now.  Yes, they are lower paying jobs and it's mostly grunt work or machine operator work.  

People don't want to work and it seems they don't have to. I'm keeping habitual offenders of attendance and mediocre work because I can't get the product out the door without them.  

Yes I know you get what you pay for , but in eight years of this right now is the worst it's ever been. There are a dozen places that I drive past on the way to work that have had signs out looking for people.
People suck. No work ethic at all.

Now I'm going to drink.

Go Irish!!
View Quote

400% turnover on 30% ?

I could be wrong but in my experience anyone with that type of turnover has a problem....and most of the time it's not the people there to help you.....is it the environment or the pay?  Is the help you are needing employees for dangerous?   Hourly?  How many hours/week?  And is the pay level above the "poverty" line if it's what the majority of people would consider full time.....?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#36]
They just have to double-double seasonally adjust the numbers again.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

On the flip side I am currently hiring unskilled labor and can't fill the positions. Granted they aren't great jobs and the pay is low at $9-$10 but the requirements are to be 18, not be a felon, and show up. I don't even care if you can read, or finished school.
View Quote

Even with the new low price of Silver, you are offering around 75 cents an hour.      I am shocked that you can get anyone for that, but more power to ya, if you can.      That was entry level helpers wages in 1985
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How many were filled with H1B's doing professional work for half of what an American would?
View Quote

VDare runs numbers of foreigner job growth vs native and excepting for a few seasonal anomalies job growth for the last decade or so has been to the foreign born.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm betting a chunk of those 173K came from full time jobs being split into multiple part time jobs to avoid benefits.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In a couple of weeks they'll revise the numbers down by about 200,000 and blame it on the drought Bush.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Even with the new low price of Silver, you are offering around 75 cents an hour.      I am shocked that you can get anyone for that, but more power to ya, if you can.      That was entry level helpers wages in 1985
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Assuming all STRAIGHT TIME :

9 hr day  X   $9.50  =  $85.50 - $17.10(could be wrong but taking out 20% for taxes) = $68.40/day X 5 days = $342 per week or approx. a grand total of $1,368 every 4 weeks

$342 take home per week on 52 weeks a year = $17,784 take home per year....

and that's not taking a penny out for any other type of "benefits"....
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#42]
These reports have all proven to be fake.

Less people are working now than 4 years ago and more are unemployed on welfare limbo.

If you believe the POTUS numbers. Your an Idiot that voted for him.

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

9 hr day  X   $9.50  =  $85.50 - $17.10(could be wrong but taking out 20% for taxes) = $68.40/day X 5 days = $342 per week or approx. a grand total of $1,368 every 4 weeks

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live in the same area as Canoeguy, and the median income for our county is $31,308. Most all unskilled laborers start at $9.00/hour around here. The coal and gas industries are disappearing, and there are no manufacturig jobs. So about twenty six percent of the 24,954 people that live here are below poverty level.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top