Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2003 12:15:48 PM EDT
have any of y'all noticed that?Shit ain't right.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Sign of the times I think.
People will not suffer, they want instant and lasting happiness.

Just does not exist, you have to put up with the bad to get the good.
JMO -- not a reflection of current events.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Guys! Don't blame it on ARF.com

Divorce happened long long time before and for one reason to another.

Definitely not because of ARF.com

I am happily married and with no problem here.

Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I got divorced long before I discovered arfcom  [;)]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Under 25 divorce rate is over 80%.

Over 25 divorce rate is over 50%.

Arfcom has nothing on the rest of the US.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]
No doubt.It just seems as of lately WE are having our (un)fair share of them.I hate that for ALL of us.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#6]
It's probably just that time of the year.  More financial problems, more family issues, and a higher daily stress rate than the rest of the year.

Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#7]
It's not just here, it's everywhere.  Hell, there was 14 (that I know of)at our company this year alone.  While that may not seem like a lot, the company has 183 employees.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#8]
It is a matter of a clear understanding of hers, mine, and ours.

A dedication to each other for poor or poorer
and sick and sicker no matter what crap is thrown at you - it is both of you willing to go down in a blaze of glory.

That my friend, is the only way to rise up from the ashes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Under 25 divorce rate is over 80%.

Over 25 divorce rate is over 50%.

Arfcom has nothing on the rest of the US.
View Quote

And did ya guys know that over 40% is caused due to financial reasons.

Thank goodness I am single. Of course, I might as well be divorced. I'm not getting laid and I am broke all the time.
View Quote

LT, you've got that a little mixed up. If you're broke all the time and not getting laid, you might as well be married (that's why I'm divorced!).
Seriously, I read some of these "she told me to get out" stories and I look at their post count and how long they've been a member; well they left their wife a long time ago.
For me single = [beer] [sex] [wave]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#11]
This is the time of year people evaluate their lives, and their finances, and often a lack of the latter results in discontent.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I was going to point that mistake out to you LT, but was beat to it... of course, you have one positive thing going on there...you don't get nagged at, either.

As for being willing to go down in flames together, and the committment thing - well, I've been truly committed to this marriage, and frankly I'm getting tired of hearing through all 19 years of putting my all into it, that I don't do enough, or I don't do it right, and that I should "go find someone more compatible".

Currently, I'm looking for a counsellor for [b]us[/b], but I doubt that she'll go with me.

Ah, shit, I'm in a foul mood tonight, again.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Lord Trader the divorce is not caused by financial problems. You can be dirt poor and still keep the promise you made to each other in front of GOD and the other witnesses who heard you say "till death do us part".

Lots of people have financial problems and stay married. Lots of people are very wealthy and get divorced. I don't think you can say divorce is caused by financial problems.

Many people get married far to young and have too many children before they have good enough jobs. Lots of people just don't know how to budget thier money. Lots of people are just stupid, immature and give up too easily.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I know how to budget my money.  The problem is when my wife tries to help.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Weird, I think all the posts I have been reading triggered the dream I had last night...

...More like a nightmare. That my bride and I got separated.

Nah, marriage is work... CONSTANT work. Just depends on how much work you are willing to put into it I guess. My kids are my life and I dont know if you remember the movie "Mrs. Doubtfire" when Robin Williams said that he wasnt away from his kids more than one day. Well, thats me.

Yeah there are days I question the marriage thing but that is one of the down days. As long as one stays faithful to the other I think ANYTHING can be worked out. Break that trust though, that spells trouble.

Although I did have a few friends that one cheated on the other and even then they worked it out. One couple acts as if nothing ever happened and they both tell me that it was a dark day. the other couple well,............ she has NEVER let him live it down.... EVER!

Sad though that it is the sign of the times that so many get divorced.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top