Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 7:31:17 PM EDT
Criticals went on generator 15 seconds later. But the cable/internet is down.  I wonder if the cable guys lost power too.  The whole neighborhood is dark except for my place.

We had a lot of rain today that is now all ice. Therein lies the problem.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Criticals went on generator 15 seconds later. But the cable/internet is down.  I wonder if the cable guys lost power too.  The whole neighborhood is dark except for my place.

We had a lot of rain today that is now all ice. Therein lies the problem.

At least you still have your cell to surf from.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Hang-in there buddy, it'll thaw! Got 50 mph winds here, trees are being shredded!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Your doing TI right OP.

Stay warm

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Your doing TI right OP.

Stay warm

Will do. Furnace is stll kickin it and so is the genny so the gas line must be ok. Water hetaers are gas too so I should have a warm shower tomorrow too.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Your power might be out for awhile..... Hopefully you got plenty of fuel.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#6]
cable would probably be out because the power is also out to the amplifier boosting your cable signal.

Have fun!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Your power might be out for awhile..... Hopefully you got plenty of fuel.

I am on natural gas and so is the generator. Last time this happened it was two weeks for some folks in dead of winter. I love my generator believe me.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I went out back earlier when I got home, neighbor has a rotted out pine that snapped hanging about 5' from the power line from some old vines.

I'm expecting an outage tonight.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 8:13:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Power restored... 13 hours later.  33% of my county was out (about 20K) when I checked this morning.  They've got that down to 29% now.  I guess I was one of the luckier ones.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top