Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 11:47:41 AM EDT
Its out and its sweet.  This time around I have a pen and paper and am writing ever fricking number and who/what its asocciated with.

$37.88 at Wal-Mart
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
bump

Where are all the "lost" wackos?

Come on, you can watch and post at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Already bought mine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Its out and its sweet.  This time around I have a pen and paper and am writing ever fricking number and who/what its asocciated with.

$37.88 at Wal-Mart

Was fixing to order it on NetFlix to watch... What's up with the numbers?  Never seen the show

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$37.88 at Wal-Mart

Was fixing to order it on NetFlix to watch... What's up with the numbers?  Never seen the show

EPOCH

Througout the show people mention numbers...or there are numbers printed on somthing...you know, even somtimes casual numbers you waould say while talking to someone, but that keep having weird patters or a repeatitive nature.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw all the Lost episodes this past season. I don't need the DVD. I know the ending

When is this past season of Deadwood coming out?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Who wants to bet that there is no "answer" or explanation about what the hell is going on in that show?  That it's all opened-ended and the writers are just making shit up as they go with no eventual resolution in mind or even intended?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Who wants to bet that there is no "answer" or explanation about what the hell is going on in that show?  That it's all opened-ended and the writers are just making shit up as they go with no eventual resolution in mind or even intended?

The writers have gone on the record as saying there is a resolution and they do know what is going on.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered it on buy.com and it should arrive tomorrow

looking forward to watching it
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]
made it through the first DVD already
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Alright, I saw my first episode tonight, which was the last episode of the season.
What important stuff did I miss?

What do you suppose the quarantine chamber is about?

What were the numbers the fat guy was mumbling, that were on the side of the hatch?
Why did he try to stop them when he saw the numbers?

I get that the brunette lady has been on the island for some time.  Was anyone else there with her?
Why does she have a rifle?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:57:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Alright, I saw my first episode tonight, which was the last episode of the season.
What important stuff did I miss?

What do you suppose the quarantine chamber is about?

What were the numbers the fat guy was mumbling, that were on the side of the hatch?

I get that the brunette lady has been on the island for some time.  Was anyone else there with her?

It took a season of shows to explain all that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:04:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope they give us some answers within the 1st few shows of season 2, or sadly I will watch no more cuz it just will not make sence.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:20:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Ah I love this show.  It's very well written and one of only a couple of shows that ever kept me coming back for more.  I can't wait till the fall season starts up!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:00:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I think the numbers episode's been my favorite.

Those numbers are cursed.  Through flashbacks, we learn that Hurley (fat guy) used to work at a mental hospital in LA.  A patient there was either autistic or mad, and kept on repeating a series of numbers.  Hurley used the numbers for Powerball, and ended up winning $160m.  Almost immediately, terrible things started happening to him.  His grandfather died, his brother's marriage ended, his mother broke her ankle and her house burned down, Hurley was arrested in a case of mistaken identity.  He realized all this bad luck happened after he played the lotto with those numbers.......

So he asked the mental patient what's the deal with the numbers?  He told the patient he played the lottery with them, and the patient told him he did a terrible thing.  He was in the mental facilitiy because of the numbers, they ruined his life.  

I missed this part, but he told him about a guy he served with in the Navy knew something about the numbers.  But he lived in the outback of Australia now.  So Hurley flies to Australia and looks him up.  Turns out he's dead, and his Australian widow tells Hurley about the curse of the numbers.  

During the war, her husband had been on a ship in the south Pacific.  One night, they received a radio signal repeating a series of numbers over and over again. I forget how, but they "used" the numbers somehow and it ruined their lives.  He moved to the outback to get away from other people and to try to escape the effects of the curse, but the curse never lifted until he died.

Back on the island, when Hurley learned that the French woman's gear had the numbers (or something, I forget where he saw them and made the connection to the French woman) he lit out to find her and ask about the numbers and what she knew.

After dodging her booby traps and convincing her not to shoot him, she says she was part of a scientific expedition that received the number signal and their ship headed to the source, thinking it was an SOS of some kind.  Their ship wrecked, leaving her the only survivor (plus that's where she got the rifle).  The transmitter of the signal and the meanings of the number were unknown to her, but it's obvious that they are inextricably linked to the island, and that they are bad news.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

$37.88 at Wal-Mart

$34.99 at Best Buy but I haven't had time to watch any yet.

Would you be providing us with a LOST 'cheat sheet' when you get it finished?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:35:46 AM EDT
[#16]
It's FREE when you rent it from the library!  No $34+ for me, I work nights so I have only been able to see a few episodes, been waiting for it to come out on DVD for a while now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#17]
The writers know what's going on.  The actors are only told about the very next episode before they film it.  The actors have no idea what happens next.  Keeps it fresh I think.  Another thing is that it is about the only non-reality,non-lawyer,non-crime investigation/unit/victim/morgue show out there.  FWIW- I like some of those crime morgie investigation kinda shows.  

Debo
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the numbers episode's been my favorite.

Those numbers are cursed.  Through flashbacks, we learn that Hurley (fat guy) used to work at a mental hospital in LA.  A patient there was either autistic or mad, and kept on repeating a series of numbers.  Hurley used the numbers for Powerball, and ended up winning $160m.  Almost immediately, terrible things started happening to him.  His grandfather died, his brother's marriage ended, his mother broke her ankle and her house burned down, Hurley was arrested in a case of mistaken identity.  He realized all this bad luck happened after he played the lotto with those numbers.......

So he asked the mental patient what's the deal with the numbers?  He told the patient he played the lottery with them, and the patient told him he did a terrible thing.  He was in the mental facilitiy because of the numbers, they ruined his life.  

I missed this part, but he told him about a guy he served with in the Navy knew something about the numbers.  But he lived in the outback of Australia now.  So Hurley flies to Australia and looks him up.  Turns out he's dead, and his Australian widow tells Hurley about the curse of the numbers.  

During the war, her husband had been on a ship in the south Pacific.  One night, they received a radio signal repeating a series of numbers over and over again. I forget how, but they "used" the numbers somehow and it ruined their lives.  He moved to the outback to get away from other people and to try to escape the effects of the curse, but the curse never lifted until he died.

Back on the island, when Hurley learned that the French woman's gear had the numbers (or something, I forget where he saw them and made the connection to the French woman) he lit out to find her and ask about the numbers and what she knew.

After dodging her booby traps and convincing her not to shoot him, she says she was part of a scientific expedition that received the number signal and their ship headed to the source, thinking it was an SOS of some kind.  Their ship wrecked, leaving her the only survivor (plus that's where she got the rifle).  The transmitter of the signal and the meanings of the number were unknown to her, but it's obvious that they are inextricably linked to the island, and that they are bad news.

The numbers "theme" runs through all the episodes.  There have been slight references (some very slight) verbally and visually in every episode.   Here is a thread that lists them.  

clicky here

Some of the information on this thread is a SPOILER so I suggest watching all the episodes first.  I was shocked to see how many references I missed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#19]
The show is great but they are starting to piss me off! they better give us some answers pronto! The finale did'nt answer one question! Only put out more questions. Also i noticed in the finale when Harley is racing through the airport he passes a bunch of soccar women who's numbers were the same as the "mystery numbers" oohhhhhh! I got an idea! maybe this show is like the movie 'final approach' or Jacob's ladder! Like they are already dead, from the crash, and this island is like Limbo where they have to come to terms with their life on earth before they can move on to heavan?! Just an idea...............................
Well anyway, Lost is awesome if a bit annoying about the questions!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Check out the website for the fictional airline

www.oceanic-air.com/

They have quizzes and stuff.  If you get a high enough score they put you on an email list for communiques and hints from the writers.

Also check out the "seating chart" feature.  Click through to Pre-board check in, where it says "Ethan Rom".  Ethan Rom was the Canadian Hurley met while doing a roll call, but whose name wasn't on the flight's passenger manifest.  Drag and drop the letters of his name into the boxes.  If you just do the name Ethan Rom, nothing happens.

Arrange the letters to read "Other Man", an anagram of Ethan Rom......
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I watched the show the 2nd time around, on the repeat.

I thought some of it really sucked.

I though some if it really, really suck.

I thought the season one finale was dumb.

Other than that (once you get over that noone would ever survive a crash like that and all the guns and drug's show up), it was not a bad show.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I've made it through the whole season on DVD

Great show.

As good as 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top