Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2003 5:49:06 PM EDT
I was just reading a couple of the forums on the revamped version of the AWB, and it really got me to thinking about our so called freedom. Now I don't know what the chances are of this new AWB becoming law, or even the old one being renewed. I'd like to think that there's no chance of, as I own many guns a few of which are the ones they're trying to ban.  I cretainly don't want to have to give them up. But I don't understand some people. These are the freedoms and rights that our forefathers, our own flesh and blood died to give us. I mean we've got to draw the line somewhere. Drunk drivers kill people every day. but I don't see people lobbying to try and put a national ban on alchohol and liqour. I'm active duty military and every year I spend at least three months (not including when we deploy for conflict as in Iraq) away from my family. Now when I signed up I knew what I was asking for, as well did my family we deal with that. But when I leave to go protect these people and fight for there freedoms I'd like feel better knowing that someone is'nt trying strip me of mine while I'm gone. I don't get get those who say "well I don't feel as though I need a gun, so why should you have one." And that has been said to me. If you don't want a gun that's your FREEDOM of choice. Don't try to take mine. I've been writting my senators, making phone calls, join the NRA. But what else can I do? It just seems sometimes that things have been decided before the debate even begins. I would'nt want the government telling me what car to drive,what house to buy, anymore than I would want them making this choice for me. I just think that all of the anti-gun community nedds to realize there's always going to be something to bitch about. How would they like it if the government showed up at their rallies and Milloion Mom Marches and said "Sorry folkes there's a ban on freedom of speech, you can't use it." Because one right could be taken as easily as the next. Next time it could be your favorite right. Anyways, I just needed to vent that. You can respond how ever you want, that's your right as an American. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The longer you are here, the sooner you will learn that what matters is WHO passes the law, not the law itself.

In other words, gun control by democrats = tyrannical and unconstitutional, but the same gun control by republicans = common sense and reasonable. Please accept this so that we can all get along.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
All you can do is keep on keeping on.
Look at the uphill struggle that the Black civil rights movement had.

We are better educated, better motivated, better funded, and better organised.

There is no such thing as a God-Given-Right.  Freedom must be fought for daily.  Tyranny never sleeps.

And we are winning slowly.

Sir Winston Churchill:

"Still, if you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than live as slaves." 5
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:23:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, Imbrog you are one cynical SOB, have to respect that even if you are 98% full of Shite
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
All you can do is keep on keeping on.
Look at the uphill struggle that the Black civil rights movement had.

We are better educated, better motivated, better funded, and better organised.

There is no such thing as a God-Given-Right.  Freedom must be fought for daily.  Tyranny never sleeps.

And we are winning slowly.

Sir Winston Churchill:

"Still, if you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than live as slaves." 5
View Quote

Well said!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#5]
As long as this AWB thingie doesn't affect my television reception, raise my rent or make Krispy Kreme go out of business, I don't care.

cynic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top