Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2002 12:54:23 PM EDT
I hate to say this, but I'm going to go watch the next part when it opens up in Dec.  I normally hate those Star Wars and Star Trek Sci-Fi BS movies, but this one was diffrent.  The funny thing is I would have never seen the film or rented the DVD, but one night I was bored and downloaded the movie online.  Who else is going to watch the movie?    
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I will be there!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I won't be there.  I've had sex with a woman. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

ROFL Ditto [:)]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL [:D] [b]GOOD ONE![/b]

Reminds me of the Triumph the Insult Dog skit on Conan when the puppet dog poked fun of all the geeks in line for Star Wars, Attack of the Nerds.

"Look at them, 100's of nerds who have never had sex, not even with a Catholic priest"

LMAO
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Reminds me of the Triumph the Insult Dog skit on Conan when the puppet dog poked fun of all the geeks in line for Star Wars, Attack of the Nerds.

"Look at them, 100's of nerds who have never had sex, not even with a Catholic priest"

LMAO
View Quote

That was great!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm there.  I'm even going to dress up.  I'm going in my underwear with a big yellow-painted paper mache hoop around my waist (The Ring, get it?)
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#7]
No. I have a life, don't live in mother's garage and do not have a 'skin' problem.

(of course I'll catch it a week or two after it opens............)
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone that really thinks Lord of The Rings is a kid's book, hasn't read them.  A truely great author.  The books have been mentioned as maybe the best book of the 20th century.

If only Frodo and Samwise had had a couple of Rock River Arms ARs!

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell yeah!! Tolkien is hobbit forming!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be there too.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#12]
This year I'm going to wait a few days.  

I was there when it opened last year.  I hate the lines but I'm still a geek at heart.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll be there for sure! Can't wait (13 more days...).

Aimless: You are fed up with subtitled films, yet you are going to see another one of those! (would be unnecessary if more people understood Elvish...)
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Anyone that really thinks Lord of The Rings is a kid's book, hasn't read them. A truely great author. The books have been mentioned as maybe the best book of the 20th century.
View Quote

The books may be great, but that first movie was a stinker.  I can't imagine why anyone would go to another.  Seemed like a cross between the Smurfs and Teletubbies.  

[puke]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

LMAO
View Quote

The best part of that video was when the Star Trek geek, dressed as Spock, flipped the bird to all of the Star Wars geeks!!!  Damn I almost pissed myself when I saw that!

Quoted:
Anyone that really thinks Lord of The Rings is a kid's book, hasn't read them.  A truely great author.  The books have been mentioned as maybe the best book of the 20th century.

If only Frodo and Samwise had had a couple of Rock River Arms ARs!

View Quote

The books are great!  I'm just being a smartass.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#16]
My dad and I want to go on opening night.

But my little sister is having surgery on her shoulder (she had this procedure done on the left one, now the right) that night.

My mother decided that ALL of us must be there in the waiting room during the entire 6 hour procedure. Looks like I'll get to reread "Case Studies in the Achievement of Air Superiority" again.

"What if something happens?" - Mom
"I'll take my cell phone, set it on vibrate." - Spade
"You're cell phone doesn't have vibrate" - Sister

My mother did not find it funny when I calculated that the surgery wasn't necissary, since going by a cost benefit analysis, we'd come out ahead if we just sold her organs or just her to Mexicans.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#17]
My son and his wife are taking me out for my birthday. Dinner and a movie, we'll be there.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Nope, I hate movies like that. Any kind of Sci Fi movies like that make me want to puke.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought all of the Tolkein books were great.  I'll be there opening night.

Aimless did have an interesting point.  I wonder how it would film if the screenplay were rewritten to have the little Hobbits tote around a few 16" Pre-ban AR's?

That would be cool, wouldn't it?

CMOS
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#20]
My GF drug me to see 8-mile. We stood in line for three hours with all these wannabee hoochies, thugs, OGs, and all around badasses, and it sucked ass. I was very glad to be packing 17 caps in my gat yo cause dis shit about ta get CRAAAAZZZYYYY! Whoa ..... I mean I was carrying concealed and hot to trot.

We WILL be there OPENING night for The Two Towers. We Will. I'm Dressing as Galadriel, I'm even shaving my legs....!
:)
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Actually I am thinking about hitting the noon show the day it opens.  From the previews I have seen, it will kick major ass.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll be there.

Aimless: I'm all about the D20. Those things will really move. More aerodynamic than a D4, for sure.
 -Hobbit
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Nope, I hate movies like that. Any kind of Sci Fi movies like that make me want to puke.
View Quote

Me too, but this one was actually good.  

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Christmass Eve with the wife and kids....just like last year and next year.

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

LMAO
View Quote

its Return of the Dorks.   i have that vid on my pc.

yep im going, got the "free" movie ticket in the LOTR : Extended edition.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bah, the heck with you guys, I'll be there and I'll force my girlfriend to go with me, damnit! I watch enough damn subtitled films in a year she can sit there squirming while I convince myself that I really could kill a Balrog with my Glock. Give me any shit and I'll bounce my 20 sided dice off your head!
View Quote

my 100 sider can take your 20 anyday!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My mother did not find it funny when I calculated that the surgery wasn't necissary, since going by a cost benefit analysis, we'd come out ahead if we just sold her organs or just her to Mexicans.
View Quote

LOL! i have a little sister too. only she's 30... and married (poor, poor, shmuck). we both flew in to visit mom for T-giving.
mistake.
after the first day, i was ready to put her through the disposal! i like her a lot better when she's i cali, and i'm in ohio.
nothing changes. [rolleyes]

oh yeah, i'll wait for the crowds to dissipate, then see it.
and i'm having sex right now!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Hell yes I'm going to be there!

I'll even have my wife with me (she's maybe more excited about this movie than I am). Hell, she might even give me some afterward [;)]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'll be there.

Aimless: I'm all about the D20. Those things will really move. More aerodynamic than a D4, for sure.
 -Hobbit
View Quote

plus more weight.. although nothing in RPGs beats getting annoyed somthing backfired and slamming your hand down on a d4!
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#32]
I actually thought 8 Mile was pretty good. I'm an Eminem fan but I figured the movie would be pretty damn corny. I thought it was really funny and I thought Eminem  was one of the best "crossover" actors I've ever seen. A lot better then that Brittany Spears movie.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The books may be great, but that first movie was a stinker.  I can't imagine why anyone would go to another.
View Quote

Because it was the best fantasy movie ever made.  Your lack of appreciation for it notwithstanding.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'll be there.

-Hobbit
View Quote

But the D4 does make a fairly decent caltrop....
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I actually thought 8 Mile was pretty good. I'm an Eminem fan but
View Quote

Hmmm...hates science fiction and fantasy, likes Eminem and the movie 8 Mile.  That tells me all I need to know.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My dad and I want to go on opening night.

But my little sister is having surgery on her shoulder (she had this procedure done on the left one, now the right) that night.

My mother decided that ALL of us must be there in the waiting room during the entire 6 hour procedure. Looks like I'll get to reread "Case Studies in the Achievement of Air Superiority" again.

"What if something happens?" - Mom
"I'll take my cell phone, set it on vibrate." - Spade
"You're cell phone doesn't have vibrate" - Sister

View Quote

LMAO!!  The company i worked for this summer had a large (3:1 mexican/white) ratio of migrant workers.  when i was a crew leader i'd always tell one of my mexican buddies (jokingly) to take a truck or my work cell phone (damn tether anyways) and see what he could get for it.  One of my favorites: telling him to sell a suburban-he came back a few minutes later and told me he got 15 bucks for it (that's all they would give me-it's those damn whitewalls) and handed me that much cash.  I looked around and the damn thing was missing.  Little bastard had parked it down the street past a curve so i couldn't see it, and i just about shit because i (almost) thought he was serious.  imagine trying to explain that one to a boss...
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

and yes, i have had sex with a woman. [:D]
View Quote

hehehe...Miss Michigan?  
hold your right hand up palm toward you.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Hell yes!  Me and Junior are going on opening day. Can't wait. I certainly wouldn't call this science fiction, no space ships and no lasers. Just edged weapons and doom.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Wouldnt miss it
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll be there.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Yup,

I'll be there with bells on. Well, with a wizard's hat on...

(lol, just found my old D&D dice the other day. Funny you guys should mention it...)
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#42]
I saw it two days ago in one of those special screenings. I freaking loved it. Fast paced. Loads of action. Great acting. And...The Gollum.
When you see him hopping around and talking to himself you'll laugh your ass off.

How much did I like the Two Towers? When I went in to the theater I had to go to the catbox, slightly. Three hours later I remembered that I still had to go as I was walking out to the car. That's how much I liked it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:58:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Even if I didn't want to go really bad my wife would make me take her as soon as possible.

Can't wait to see the battle for Helm's Deep.

Rusty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top