Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 10:21:42 AM EDT
When they released the theatrical version I immediately started to hear about a extended edition to be released this fall and decided to wait.

So I just popped onto Amazon to find release date info. and from what I saw Amazon doesn't know either.

Anyone here know?  Anyone?  Bueller?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#1]
November if I remember right.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
When they released the theatrical version I immediately started to hear about a extended edition to be released this fall and decided to wait.

So I just popped onto Amazon to find release date info. and from what I saw Amazon doesn't know either.

Anyone here know?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Amazon doesn't know because there has been no official announcement. The official announcement is slated to happen in 2-3 weeks with an expected December (before Christmas) release.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Man, that movie's going to be at least four hours long.

I can't wait!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Just wait for the Ultra Mega Super Uber 23 Disc Special Edition Box Set with scale replica Gandalf Staff and Frodo foot hair shavings (10% off if you pre-order now)!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#5]
from The Digital Bits:

Also, many of you have been asking us when New Line is FINALLY going to officially announce The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - Special Extended DVD Edition. The answer is soon - probably in the next few weeks. A number of retail sources now are telling us to expect a 12/14 street date. We'll confirm that as soon as we can.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be buying the full, directors cut trilogy set when it comes out.
Imagine, a whole day of watching.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'll be buying the full, directors cut trilogy set when it comes out.
Imagine, a whole day of watching.

That's the one I'm waiting for!

Gonna' take a whole lot of popcorn and a 12pak. Great rainy Sat. day adventure.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#8]
My question is what "Weta" scupltures are they going to include in the "sculpture" box set?  We had the Argonath with the FOTR and Smeagol with TTT.  I'm thinking Witch King, Orc Captain (pig-faced orc) or crowned Aragorn.  And yes, this monster is supposed to clock in at around 270 minutes, though I can't remember the source I first  heard that from (IIRC it was a solid one).  I'm looking forward to seeing the inclusion of the scene from the trailer where Eomir is overcome with grief on the battlefield - looks like a powerful scene.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Great rainy Sat. day adventure.

And Sunday.  And probably Monday too at the rate they're going.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#10]
The ROTK DVD EE collector's edition will have a sculpture of Minas Tirith in the box:

Some other versions may have Minas Morgul.

Here's a look at a matte painting used in the ROTK EE, done by Dylan Cole, mixing the MT model with his painting.

More here, including views of the photography used to create his LOTR paintings overlayed on the final result:

www.dylancolestudio.com/index2.html
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Ooohhh. I like the Minas Tirith sculpture.

I haven't been watching the FotR and TT for a while because I want to sit down and spend a day going straight through the whole thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top