Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 8:07:09 AM EDT
Well I saw it yesterday & I have to report that it is a anti gun propaganda film with a stealthy finger pointing at America.
The tactics in this film have been changed. Instead of focusing
on evil American gunowners, they focused on a corrupt gun
dealer that sells weapons to warlords in third world country's with the secret blessings of the Fed-Govt. The film allso emphasizes on the atrocities commited by warlords with the weapons sold by the corrupt American gun dealer! At the end of the film there is a footnote with a list of about 5 country's that are supplying weapon's to warlord's in poor country's. The film list America at the top of this list, How ever, I did not see north korea on this list
witch I find interesting because NK's gross national product ie (main export) just happens to be weapon's. In fact, the biggest supplier of militery weapon's is north korea.

If this film wasn't an anti American, anti gun propaganda film,
I would give it an 8 out of 10, but it was made to make us look evil so I
give it a 0 for offensiveness!
If you see it, I recommend that you bring rotten tomatoes & egg's to throw at the screen!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Hate to say it but if you didn't see the anti-gun overtones from the commercials alone... You need to recalibrate your BS detector.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Score one for the left.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#3]
This Movie SUCKS!

disregarding any propaganda (which was more leftist than pro-gun of course--but that is expected), the movie just SUCKED.

for a 'R' rating, there was little violence or shooting or war--most of the rating was for the "F" word and cussing and cocaine use/addiction (reminded me of Blow or that gay movie traffic)

99.9% of the guns/gunfire involved AKs and AKMs--there were no other promenant guns (a couple of AK-74Us, a FAL, M60, and a few colt M-16s

it seemed like a low-budget movie w/ lots of action previewed, but no substance in the movie--dont waste your $7--either down load it or watch it while a friend spends the $$$s on the DVD

i did

all i got for it was a story of a F-ed up ukrainan w/ a fake Jewish father and a cocaine addicted brother and a psycho president of liberia and his son w/ a gold plated AK-74U....very little action, and semi-anti gun--just a big drama that seemed to focus on the genocide in africa

**not to dis on your topic bigmark300--its just that this movie was a big disapointment
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hate to say it but if you didn't see the anti-gun overtones from the commercials alone... You need to recalibrate your BS detector.

I'm a movie critic for another patriot website
They made me Moderator in the Movies/Literature Forum
I figure the folks over here would appreciate a first hand
report of what is in a movie!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This Movie SUCKS!

the movie just SUCKED.

Basically, That's what I said!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#6]
was he an ex CIA agent or something? Or just a gun store owner?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a movie critic for another patriot website
They made me Moderator in the Movies/Literature Forum
I figure the folks over here would appreciate a first hand
report of what is in a movie!

Gotcha- I didn't know that. I figured you went in and plunked your hard earned cash down on it from the previews...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I saw it, I thought it was weak.

All it was, was a drama about the guys life really.   And Anti at that....
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Actually I saw it and didn't think it was that terrible. It actually is fairly balanced in terms of the "evil" gun thing versus this is in fact how the real world works. There are some innacuracies gunwise (like buying AK-47's from belarus armories (who have used AK-74's for 30 years) and stuff like that. It wasn't a great movie by any means but it wasn't totally teh suck.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
was he an ex CIA agent or something? Or just a gun store owner?

Neather, He was a pretend jew who's family moved to NY from the soviet union
& opened a resturant. His father sent him to a competing restaurant to check out what's on their menu where he witness to a russian mob hit that went wrong.
when the shooting ended, & he composed himself, He noticed the weapon's used & all the brass on the floor, That's when he came up with the idea on how to make alot of money fast.
Selling weapon's to criminal's & then later to warlord's!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Actually I saw it and didn't think it was that terrible. It actually is fairly balanced At the end of the film there is a footnote with a list of about 5 country's that are supplying weapon's to warlord's in poor country's. The film list America at the top of this list in terms of the "evil" gun thing versus this is in fact how the real world works. There are some innacuracies gunwise (like buying AK-47's from belarus armories (who have used AK-74's for 30 years) and stuff like that. It wasn't a great movie by any means but it wasn't totally teh suck.

I did not see north korea on this list
witch I find interesting because NK's gross national product ie (main export) just happens to be weapon's. In fact, the biggest supplier of militery weapon's is north korea.
fair & balanced, Not
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Actually I saw it and didn't think it was that terrible. It actually is fairly balanced At the end of the film there is a footnote with a list of about 5 country's that are supplying weapon's to warlord's in poor country's. The film list America at the top of this list in terms of the "evil" gun thing versus this is in fact how the real world works. There are some innacuracies gunwise (like buying AK-47's from belarus armories (who have used AK-74's for 30 years) and stuff like that. It wasn't a great movie by any means but it wasn't totally teh suck.

I did not see north korea on this list
fair & balanced, Not

Ok, NK isn't on the list nor is china etc... But it is a fact that the US/nato countries prolly make far more $$$ selling arms to countries vs NK or china. F-16 etc cost a bit more than a crappy AK. Plus the whole movie had him largely selling AK's out of Belarus. Fundementally the movie pointed out that arms market if fairly "grey". Were there parts bashing the west, sure, its a hollywood movie and we all know where they stand. I fully expected it to be a US bash fest, however the fact that they at least tried to protray how the market in the 90's became far more grey than it used to be made me like it a bit more.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I saw it, I thought it was weak.

All it was, was a drama about the guys life really.   And Anti at that....

The question is, How many michael moore wannabee's are gonna rally
behind it like it's gospel?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Another review on this in the AR15.com Movie Forum.......That aside, I havent seen the film - I was going to see it here but after I heard what a liberal piece of trash it is - I'm not interested.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Another review on this in the AR15.com Movie Forum.......That aside, I havent seen the film - I was going to see it here but after I heard what a liberal piece of trash it is - I'm not interested.

Oh!
I didn't know that there was a Movie Forum here.
My bad.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#16]
It's very funny that nobody seems to remember that France, I think, sent Rwanda a whole crap load of machettes that were used to kill 1,000,000+ people, including children.

There were other countries involved as well:

www.nisat.org/publications/armsfixers/Chapter3.html

The main foreign brokers and shippers
involved in arming the perpetrators of the 1994 genocide were based in the UK, France and South Africa. They employed networks of collaborators in other countries, including Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Egypt, Italy, Israel, Seychelles, former Zaire, and various offshore financial centres.

Funny how only guns seem to kill people. How soon we forget.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It's very funny that nobody seems to remember that France, I think, sent Rwanda a whole crap load of machettes that were used to kill 1,000,000+ people, including children.

There were other countries involved as well:

www.nisat.org/publications/armsfixers/Chapter3.html

The main foreign brokers and shippers
involved in arming the perpetrators of the 1994 genocide were based in the UK, France and South Africa. They employed networks of collaborators in other countries, including Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Egypt, Italy, Israel, Seychelles, former Zaire, and various offshore financial centres.

Funny how only guns seem to kill people. How soon we forget.

Good research dude!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top