Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2001 9:14:12 PM EDT
I have a Bushy lower and a Oly Arms upper and there have a loose fit to were they are moving about a 1/16th of an inch(approximate), what can be done to fix this problem?  Also just found my way in here, glad to find this site.
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi Flip,

It seems you and I have the exact opposite problems!  Mine is too tight and I was worried about causing unesessary stressing between the upper and lower, which would prevent me from switching out lowers in the future because my upper would be broken into my tight lower.

Anyway, I am by no means an expert, thats why I am here to learn.  But I would think that an accuwedge would the problem that you have.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong because I don't want to be giving out bad advice.
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, an accuwedge will do the job.

My BM has some play between upper and lower, and I put the Accuwedge in.  It actually makes the breakdown pin hard to push through, so I don't use it much.

Most local gunshops will sell 'em for $4-6.  Otherwise, wait 'til you're ordering from Tapco, CheaperthanDirt, etc. and have them throw one in for $3 or so.

[img]www.fulton-armory.com/accuwedge.jpg[/img]

Use google.com to search for anything you want to find-  it's the best on the web.
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 11:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not unusual for AR to have a little bit of rock between the receivers.  As long as it's not ridiculously loose it will have no effect on function or accuracy.  It does have an effect on shooter confidence however.

The simplest solution is to drop in an accuwedge into the lower. This takes out the rock for a nice solid feel, but could cause some wear on the rear takedown pin and/or hole.  Put a dab of grease on the pin to help compensate.  I heard good things about the JP Tensioning Pin too, but it's a lot more expensive at $35.
http://www.jpar15.com/

Receivers that are too tight, and I mean REALLY tight, can cause some problems.  I guess the solution would depend on where they are tight.
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 3:51:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Newguy & Flipper could trade parts and then everything would be just right. [smoke]
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top