Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2002 9:32:42 AM EDT
[url]http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/essex/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1033636453192950.xml[/url] NJ Sucks ! (that about sums it up...)
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 1:17:48 PM EDT
You're completely wrong! It would have to get considerably better to just suck!
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 1:31:11 PM EDT
Stupid peasant! Must've thought he was a citizen or something! [:(]
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 1:45:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 1:47:01 PM EDT
It's damn ironic. We are in the process of looking to move BACK to Essex Cty. I grew up in Livingston and want to move back there to be close to the family. I HATE NJ!!!!!! (but am stuck in this filthy toxic waste dump forever -- i can't move and leave my folks behind)
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 2:20:18 PM EDT
Meanwhile, Robert Johnson of Long Island, N.Y., has not fully come to grips with his brother's death. He said Kenji, who had a criminal record for selling drugs, never got into anything violent. "I don't know who he was hanging with, but he must have gotten coerced into something," the brother said. He said Kenji, who has friends and family in Newark, was in the city to have some stereo work done on their mother's car and to see his fiancee. He added that Kenji was on probation for a drug possession charge and planned on being back home later that night so he could be on time to meet his probation officer the next day. The fiancee, who declined to be identified, said she and Kenji were at his cousin's house on Central Avenue and 19th Street about 9:30 p.m. when she asked him to go and get her some food. When he didn't return, the fiancee said she got worried and went to University Hospital only to learn no gunshot victims had been brought in. The woman said she took the bus home, which drove past flashing police lights and yellow tape on Orange Street. "I said I hope this ain't my baby's father," she said. "I went back and it was him."
View Quote
Only in PRNJ, PRMA and PRCA would the story spend 1/3 of its time talking about the perp. Guys, come on down south! You'll love it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 4:11:57 PM EDT
Actually, I thought that the news story was quite supportive of Mr. Cooper, considering that this is a New Jersey newspaper. This story makes me mad. The Newark PD are acting like fascists.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 4:23:49 PM EDT
Ahhh, my town, lived there for too many years... that is the main reason I left. NJ/Newark suck the high hard one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2002 5:48:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ckapsl: Actually, I thought that the news story was quite supportive of Mr. Cooper, considering that this is a New Jersey newspaper.
View Quote
No argument there. I was just prostesting at the fact that the coverage described the perp as anything other than a multi-looser armed thug previously on probation.
Top Top