Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2002 4:53:27 PM EDT
Does anyone know what UPS does with their trucks when they are through with them?

I'm thinking about making a camper out of one if I can find one.

Thanks. HW
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#1]
They are destroyed and not sold to the general public intact, or in any form in which they can be returned to service. Sort of like de-milled machine guns.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#2]
A camper out of a UPS truck? Bah. Those things aren't really built for either speed or comfort. Why not make one out of a paddy wagon instead?

[img]http://www.aignertrucks.com/a027.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
What do you want one for?  Are you going to ride around neighborhoods pretending to be the UPS guy and then drive right by gun guys' homes when you know they are waiting for a package?  I hate it when I'm waiting for something and the damn UPS guy delivers something to a neighbor.  Arrrrghhh.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#4]
There is no surplus. They are driven into the ground until they completly fall apart. We are still driving some trucks that were made in the 70's.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Go buy yourself a UNIMOG.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Go buy yourself a UNIMOG.

BISHOP
View Quote

EFFENAY!!  If I ever get the chance/$ scraped together to get a crew cab firetruck UNIMOG, y'all can just STFB!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top