Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 10:45:20 AM EST
I built an upper with a 14.5" barrel and a rifle length quad-rail. Right now it has a chopped carry handle and a YHM flip up front sight, mounted to the front of the rail. I've decided that I don't want a flip-up front sight anymore, but a fixed detachable front sight. The problem is that all of the detachable fixed front sights on the market are designed to be mounted to a 1913 gas block, which is a different height than the quad-rail. My gas block is under the quad rail, so changing the gas block is not an option for me.

Does anybody know of a fixed detachable front sight on the market that's designed to work on the same plane as the quad-rail?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:46:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By lu380:
Does anybody know of a fixed detachable front sight on the market that's designed to work on the same plane as the quad-rail?

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:21:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By Zaphod:

Yea that's right I said FIXED DETACHABLE, as opposed to a detachable front sight that folds down.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:26:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By Zaphod:

You're sure you don't want a reconditioned removable front sight instead?

Probably your local machine shop can make one for you, if you can't find one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:12:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 12:14:38 PM EST by Pat-fujimoto]

your answer is here:

http://www.uws.com/YANKEEHILL/9495.html

hope this helps

-Fuji

Edit to add:

shit, scratch this. You want something that works on the same plane as the quad-rail...hmm that is gonna be a tought one. This model works on the front gass block.

sorry, thought I had a winner for you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:08:42 PM EST
personalsecurityzone.com/cgi-win/order/prodlist.exe/PSZ/?Template=ProdDetail.htm&ProductID=16560

The one they list is for an AR-10, but it's a step in the right direction.
Top Top