Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 6:19:41 PM EDT
I've got an item that I would like you to fab up. If you have think you may be the guy send me a PM.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#1]
You really need to give folks a better idea of what you want fab'd so they can assess whether it fits in their equipment capabilities, etc.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#2]
3 inch collector/pipe on one end with a slip fit, that separates into 2, 2 inch fingers on the other.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have TIG and limited bending capabilities for sheetmetal and small bar and the like, but no tube/pipe bending.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Like an exhaust  collector  with scalloped cuts?

1 part or multiple? I might be your huckleberry.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure what you mean by scalloped? Basically I'd like it to go from a 3 to 2 seperate 2 inch outlets. I'll weld the 3 onto my pipe and then put 1 pipe onto the separate  fully round 2 inch pieces.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You really need to give folks a better idea of what you want fab'd so they can assess whether it fits in their equipment capabilities, etc.
Drawings and dimensions would really help out.

You want something square or do you want a muffler looking item or what?

Your post is pretty vague. Im not trying to sound like an ass.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm not sure what you mean by scalloped? Basically I'd like it to go from a 3 to 2 seperate 2 inch outlets. I'll weld the 3 onto my pipe and then put 1 pipe onto the separate  fully round 2 inch pieces.

muffler shop?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand. This is basically what I want. http://www.mandrel-bends.com/catalog/collectors-x-pipes-t-s-100/formed-collectors-101/2-1-formed-51/2-1-collector-1-25-inlets-1-75-outlet-mild-steel-643.html

Except I want the single end to be 3 and slip fit, and the 2 end, to be 2 inch and not open between them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand. This is basically what I want. http://www.mandrel-bends.com/catalog/collectors-x-pipes-t-s-100/formed-collectors-101/2-1-formed-51/2-1-collector-1-25-inlets-1-75-outlet-mild-steel-643.html

Except I want the single end to be 3 and slip fit, and the 2 end, to be 2 inch and not open between them.
Gotcha

Like the post above?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, something pretty much like that. Except  slip fit on the 3" end, and then I'd prefer the 2 outlets to not be splayed, but rather closer together. If that is possible.Although the above would likely work.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#12]
How long you want this thing to be?

Total length?

Length from start of 3" to merge of 2"?

Length from start of either 2" to merge of 3"?

Length of merging area?

And an idea of an angle between the two 2" pieces?

I'll draw something up for you on one of my CAD softwares and see what you think. It would also give others a better idea.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah that looks good they just do not have it in the sizes I need.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I doubt they have a warehouse full of them, they're probably made to order. Might give them a call and see if they can do a custom with your slightly larger end. Since they're clearly setup to do those things in a multitude of sizes they may well be able to do you size without extra cost.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I doubt they have a warehouse full of them, they're probably made to order. Might give them a call and see if they can do a custom with your slightly larger end. Since they're clearly setup to do those things in a multitude of sizes they may well be able to do you size without extra cost.

Yeah I sent them an email before I posted here. Haven 't heard back yet, so I figured an arfcommer could save the day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top