Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/21/2005 12:41:58 PM EDT
Yesterday at work, I had to make an adaptor for something, I happened to have a couple hole saws and stuff on me and used a 4x4 I found in the wood scrap bin. After I cut it all up and sanded it down, it turns out this old crappy 4x4 was actually a pretty nice piece of wood, with a real nice grain and everything to it, like I would expect to see on a fairly nice gun stock. I also had ended up hand-sawing off a couple pieces, that I've decided to save to make some little thing out of. They're both 4x4 (3 1/2" x 3 1/2"), one is 2", and the other is 2 1/2" thick. I'd be safe to assume I'd be taking off 1/8 - 1/4" in each dimension by the time I get to the finished product.

Only thing is I'm not sure what I want to make out of em. I think a small jewelry box or something would be very much out of my league, but maybe hold a few pens sticking up or something...? I'm not into reloading, or I'd consider a cartridge holder or something. Anybody got ideas?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:57:46 PM EDT
Make a nice gun rack. I know that a little big from your saved wood, just go out and get sum mo'.
PS- gorilla glue is your friend.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:49:34 PM EDT
Clarification: these pieces of wood are each smaller than the palm of my hand. And I don't know where this piece came from, so that makes it harder to get more. Also I'm looking for some little project I can do in, well, less than a day at least. Gun cabinet isn't gonna fit that bill...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:52:35 PM EDT
Homemade Toothpicks
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:08:02 PM EDT
Sand it up real nice and put a good finish on it, then glue pictures of things you like on it. Would make a nice paper weight or mantel piece. Or you could get yourself a clock kit from the hobby store and make a small desk clock . Of course since you have two pieces of wood, you could make both!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:33:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kasudyo:
Clarification: these pieces of wood are each smaller than the palm of my hand.

Coasters ????
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:29:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cougar8045:

Originally Posted By kasudyo:
Clarification: these pieces of wood are each smaller than the palm of my hand.

Coasters ????

I like the coasters idea, and the clock one's not bad... Anybody else?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:14:40 PM EDT
Come on, any more ideas?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:32:01 PM EDT
Christmas tree ornaments?

I have some made out of mesquite that I picked up at a local mesquite festival. Everyone really likes them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:37:22 PM EDT
firewood , its easy . go git yourself a nice piece of wood if ya wanna make something .

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:45:06 PM EDT
btt,

any more ideas?
Top Top