Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 2:59:16 PM EDT
I have no experience in renting on a weekly basis for a vacation place, other than hotels, and thought I would give the hive mind here a try for some advice.

I will be honeymooning near Charleston, SC next May and have been looking for a place. I would rather not stay at a hotel and perfer a house or condo for more privacy.

I know there are many places with listings online, but since I have no prior experience with this sort of thing, I was a bit confused as to where I should concentrate my efforts. I do not want to end up in a dump, and since I cannot visit the place personally before next May, I am hoping to find some reputable places.

I would like to stay near Charleston on or very near the beach (Isle of Palms, Folly Beach, etc), but would also consider places further out like Beaufort, SC.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#2]
have you googled yet?  Say, "south carolina beach rentals"?  

If they do it the same way they do in the Outer Banks, the rentals go from Sat to Sat or Sun to Sun.  There will be a security deposit required well in advance, typically 1/3 or 1/2 of the total, with the rest due right before you go.  I would STRONGLY advise you to ask about hurricane refunds ...in NC, some of the major real estate places will refund your money if you are the victim of mandatory evacuation.  

Also, the rates will be based on seasons...winter, peak, off peak, etc.  That can have a significant effect on the total price.  

try here: www.islandrealty.com/

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in in Chalreston.  I suggest Isle of Palms or Sulivans Island for rentals.  Too many hippies at Folly.

My boss has a rental/ vacation condo on the beach.  It's small but if you are interrested IM me.

Bring a rifle. The State Forest has two outdoor ranges approximately 15 miles north of Isle of Palms.

http://www.ioprealestate.com/

http://www.coastalcharlestonrealestate.com/isleofpalmsrealestate.php
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top