Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 5:50:06 PM EDT
I bought a Verona SX405s shotgun a few years ago and now i see they come with a optional slug barrel.  I love this gun so i want to find a slug barrel for it so i don't have to go and buy a new gun.  I have looked all over for just a barrel with no success.  Anyone know who sells just a barrel for it. Thanks.  Heres a pic of the gun and the barrel i am looking for.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks a lot like a Charles Daly, which is just one of many brands that are "marketed" in the US but built in various other countries.  American Arms, Charles Daly, and even some Marquee names sell guns from the same maker at times.

Find out the actual manufacturer of your gun, that will get you a lot closer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
You need another barrel to shoot slugs????
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No.  But having rifle sights and shorter length is a big plus, and accuracy may vary.  A full choke usually doesn't work too well.  I know of one guy with an old Sears shotgun that blew out the muzzle with a full choke and slugs, but some here have pooh-poohed that possibility.  

Regular slugs: can shoot with modifed or improved cyl choke with varying results.
Sabot slugs:  Rifled tube or fully rifled barrel.

I shoot regular slugs with an iron sighted 20" barrel with remchokes, and get similiar results with an improved cyl tube or rifled choke tube (<4" at 75 yards).
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yes.  In New Jersey you need adjustable sights on the gun in order to hunt with.  The barrel i have now has that bead at the end of the barrel so its a no go on hunting.

Quoted:
Looks a lot like a Charles Daly, which is just one of many brands that are "marketed" in the US but built in various other countries.  American Arms, Charles Daly, and even some Marquee names sell guns from the same maker at times.

The Gun is made by VERONA, it is an italian gun company who usually makes high doller over and unders.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  In New Jersey you need adjustable sights on the gun in order to hunt with.  The barrel i have now has that bead at the end of the barrel so its a no go on hunting.

Quoted:

The Gun is made by VERONA, it is an italian gun company who usually makes high doller over and unders.

G-damn, I am too good.  I just lifted this off the Verona website,

"The SX-405 series are manufactured for Verona by Sarsilmaz - Turkey"

I believe Sarsilmaz makes the Charles Daly guns too.  I fell in love with a Sarsilmaz O/U at a gunshow, they have great workmanship.

LINK:  www.veronashotguns.com/sx405.php

That said, write an email to Verona and also to Sarsilmaz, and ask for the US distributor who can sell you a slug barrel for that gun.  You should have an answer sometime on Monday.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link is
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Link is bestsmileys.com/dead/2.gif

Link fixed....
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I was at that site and for some reason it opened 60 windoows when i clicked on the e mail address.  Thanks for the help.  Hopefully they can give me help finding a f*&^ing barrel.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Just in case you weren't able to get the info, here it is:

For any questions regarding Verona Shotguns:

To contact us by phone:

Toll Free: (800) 456-9182
In Nevada: (702) 294-3056
Fax: (702) 294-0121

Or write to:

B.C. Outdoors
12801 U.S. 95 South
P.O. Box 61497
Boulder City, NV 89006

E-Mail: [email protected]

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#10]
For anyone else that maybe looking for the same barrel I found a company that has them in stock for $135.00 plus $10.00 shipping.   Here is the information.

Link
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
For anyone else that maybe looking for the same barrel I found a company that has them in stock for $135.00 plus $10.00 shipping.   Here is the information.

Link

Same phone number as above...B. C. outdoors.

800-456-9182.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top