Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/4/2001 8:01:55 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I could locate a cheap Ladysmith 3913 (stainless/aluminum, grey grip)? My co-worker is interested in one. I can do a trade to help her out if that is preferable. Thanks!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:25:57 PM EDT
Maybe, but it would have to be an under the counter type of deal.[;)] Sorry man. I couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:35:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AFARR: ...My co-worker is interested in one...
View Quote
Sure she is... Don't worry, we won't tell anyone about your girlishly small hands.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:04:56 PM EDT
I wear a 7 1/2 surgical glove if that tells you my hand size. Actually, I have hopes for her and my (still) single brother. Working on that aspect too. AFARR
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:13:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2001 11:56:41 PM EDT by Robbie]
When my wife was shopping for a sidearm, we looked and handled 11ty of them. She really liked the feel of the 3913LS. So we went to the range and rented one to shoot and found a deal where she could get an hour of private instruction and the instructor would let her swap out any gun she wanted from the rental counter. She shot quite a few pistols that day. She really didn't like the 3913LS's DA/SA trigger and it bit her hand a little on recoil. She [b]really[/b] liked the Kahr K9 so we bought one and she still takes it everywhere. - Robbie
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:36:19 PM EDT
Just want to know what do you have to trade?
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 9:49:46 PM EDT
Robbie, Thanks for the tip. I will definitely try one out if we can find one. The Kahr is a possible, along with a few others. I may wind up directing her to a revolver anyway because of cost. Tayous, Misc. stuff for the trades, depending on the value of the gun (condition, mags, etc.). I have some mags, optics, etc. to help her spread out the cash outlay (she is a single mom with Psycho ex-boyfriend problems, and needs a gun of her own--right now her Dad is around most of the time as he lives nearby and has a .45, but he can't be there for ever). She'll replace the things I trade away later on if necessary. I have some good guns, but most are worth more than the LS would be. Illinois has a 3 day waiting period on handguns, and she just now sent off for her FOID card--I will get the gun in hand, teach her to use it, and once she gets the FOID, we can start the 3 day wait.
Top Top