Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2007 1:44:05 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm not all that familiar with the current lot of AK makers.  The last time I bought an AK they were still being imported from China (Norinco and Polytechs).  Soo... I find myself really wanting a high quality AK74 in 5.45x39.

Who makes the highest quality AK74?  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Polish Tantal as seen as the best available, next to the Bulgarian ones.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Find somebody that has one of the SEAK-74s from Ohio Rapid Fire.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Try to find an old Robinson Arms VEPR K. They're not made anymore in 5.45, but there is no nicer AK than a VEPR. Only problem is that it doesn't have the traditional look. My next choice would be the Arsenal SLR105. Once again, it's discontinued, so you'll have to find a used one. If those can't be found, Atlantic Firearms has Polish Tantals for $599. I've got one, although mine was built by Dave Michener at Elite Firearms. It is a very nice rifle. My personal opinion is that 5.45x39 is the way to go right now. ORF has used Bulgarian mags for $4 and S.O.G. has Bulgarian surplus ammo at $118 per 1080 rounds. I'm hording the shit out of both.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, right now I'm looking for that Tantal.  

Does anyone know where I might find a NIB one for sale?  Are they assembled by various people/companies or is there one in particular I should be on the lookout for?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Atlantic Firearms. $599 last I checked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top