Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2013 4:17:59 PM EDT
I'm going to be replacing mine soon so I'm looking for some suggestions. Looking for halogen and my only real requirement is that they not be the ridiculously bright/fake HID type.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:21:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard replacements.  Brighter lights burn shorter so you're wasting your money.  You could always look for LED upgrades as an option.

Which lamp does your car use?

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]

I've been reading a little bit and the consensus seems to be that there isn't an appreciable difference (if any) between the high-end bulbs. Shorter lifespan is one reason why I don't want anything super bright either.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm going to be replacing mine soon so I'm looking for some suggestions. Looking for halogen and my only real requirement is that they not be the ridiculously bright/fake HID type.
View Quote

Just get the standard sylvania's.  No point in the "brighter" bulbs.   Only real upgrade is if your vehicle was offered with xenon HID's which you could retrofit if you were so inclined.

Or you go with aftermarket route with off road light's (limited usefulness)
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get the standard sylvania's.  No point in the "brighter" bulbs.   Only real upgrade is if your vehicle was offered with xenon HID's which you could retrofit if you were so inclined.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Define "limited usefulness" because there's plenty of aftermarket projectors which provide better light output than factory ones.  I've been running retrofitted aftermarket "off road use only" lights for the last 5 years with no issues what so ever in regards to inspections and my light beam output is immensely better than stock and compared to some OEM vehicles.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Sylvania Xtravision
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sylvania Xtravision
View Quote

I actually ended up ordering those a couple hours ago.

Now I just need to go to the U Pull A Part and get a new assembly.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Define "limited usefulness" because there's plenty of aftermarket projectors which provide better light output than factory ones.  I've been running retrofitted aftermarket "off road use only" lights for the last 5 years with no issues what so ever in regards to inspections and my light beam output is immensely better than stock and compared to some OEM vehicles.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Limited usefulness since those lights are meant for off road use only (Glare?).  I haven't heard of any aftermarket projectors being better than the stock projectors on any vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Phillips HIR bulbs.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:09:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Phillips HIR bulbs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I have done the silverstars and other bright bulbs, they have lasted years for me.   If it is 50% life of ordinary bulbs i dont care the quality of light with them has been worth it in my experience.

These are the bulbs that lean towards blue.   Not the gay stuff that becomes almost purple or dingy yellow

I have 4 vehicles now and they all have them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top