Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2001 5:42:14 AM EDT
I`m looking for the best Red Dot sight I can find for around $200.

Link Posted: 3/3/2001 5:52:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Learn from my mistake,
Save up another buck and get an Aimpoint.

I like my Tasco Pdp5 ($89 from cdnn) but it is not Paralax free.
Under 100 yds it is fine but the farther the target the more error is compounded.
just my .02
Good luck in whichever you choose.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 5:53:12 AM EDT
[#2]
OKO. Cavalry arms has them.

www.cavalryarms.com
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 5:57:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Whats it going on?
Like DEL said, save yer cash and get a good one.
There a few good ones out there, but it depends on what your mounting it on.
Example: if you have an A2 fixed handle type, I would suggest a 'scout' setup because it is hard to get a proper cheek weld, mounted above the handle. etc....
Trijicon, Aimpoint, C-more, DokterOptic are a few good scopes.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not familiar(hands on) with the OKO but have heard good things about them.

The ones Rich mentioned are also excellant.

Point is, As you stated, Get the best one you can or you will be left wanting.

I want an ACOG.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Tasco PDP5 with the Leaper's forward mount on an A2 top end.  It works well for plinking and such.  I'm not sure how well it would hold up under severe stress.  I should let my marine friend borrow it for a week...
I got my setup for less than $150.  If all you are going to be doing is plinking, the by all means buy one and enjoy it for that purpose.  If you're looking for something more combat-ready or what have you, get the Aimpoint.  

For the really cheap folks out there, of which I am one, Natchez Shooting supply has a new Tasco model similar to the PDP5 that only has the 4moa dot instead of all four sizes.  It's $35 vs. $89.  Leaper's mount is $30(I think) from Tasco.  So, for about $80 you can get a decent plinking dot sight.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#6]
  Aimpoint is really nice,, but Ultradot makes an awesome pistol dot in 1" and 30mm for about 140 dollars.  I have had one on a .45cal. wadcutter gun for about 9,000 rounds and it holds zero perfectly.  I own four now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got a C-More/scout mount on my CAR-15 and it's a blast (pun) seems very natural to use and pretty robust to, well worth the bucks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#8]
God damn right Delmarksman hit that **** dead on the head about paralax and dottie's.

My first Dottie was a $50.00 Simmons. So much damn paralax it was useless.

So I got a Tasco. A Bit better, but a better useless is still useless.

Go Aimpoint all the way.

BTW- Holosights are gettin pretty cheap. You can't even begin to understand about them until you look through one. It is some seriously Buck Rogers ass sh*t.

McDot
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one in the equipment exchange that I would trade ya for little to nothing. Just don't need mine since I got an aimpoint comp m and Itt 6015.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I gotta throw in a plug for the Hakko, fellas. I love mine, and I think D-RAY's lettin' 'em go for $200 even. Go to the optics forum, and you can get good(detailed) reviews of both the Hakko and the OKO, which are very similar, the only real difference being that the Hakko is made of aluminum, and the OKO is made of a nylon polymer(I think; Garryowen can tell you more about that).
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#12]
another vote for aimpoint here, I have a 5000S on my bushy shorty A2, with a standard weaver mount, and have no problems getting a good cheek weld, plus it comes with good rings, good caps, and was only $300 from brownells
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top