Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 2:55:49 PM EDT
I might be moving again either to the Atlanta, GA area or the Detroit, MI area. Need info on lateral transfer for State License or Certificate. I am currently licensed in Minnesota and certified for LEO in Florida. I also would like to know what LEO agencies are hiring in those areas.  Or just names of agencies that I could contact.  Thanks    John C.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Atlanta PD is always looking.  You would more than likely have to go through an abbreviated mandate academy.  Shouldn't have to go through the whole thing I think.

Georgia Peace Officers' Standards and Training Council

Georgia Public Safety Training Center

ETA:  List of active agencies in Georgia with a web site
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I am pretty sure Georgia requires a minimum of 168 hours, assuming  you are in good standing with the POST council of your current state.  Most of the classes are GA specific, Law, Traffic, etc.  The most money is in Metro Atlanta, the most fun is out here in the sticks.  Good luck
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:54:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey John,

Here is a michigan college that has a list of a few:
publicsafety.nmu.edu/Academy/psi/POSTINGS.HTM

Livonia
Sterling Heights
Troy
Dearbron

All are considered suburbs of Detroit.

And here is the Michigan State Police's site of Michigan PD standards (MCOLES), www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1593_26646---,00.html

Good luck in your search,
CT
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses. I was a city cop in Minnesota, but now I am a deputy in a mostly rural county in north Florida. I need all the info I can get to help with another transition. If anyone has any more input I would be grateful.  Thanks  John C.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top