Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 5:12:57 AM EDT
Hey all,
Since I've been shooting more handgun lately, I've been thinking of getting some electronic muffs (I don't use 'em for rifles, because I can't get a good cheek weld with muffs on).  What are some good and not too expensive ones?  I see Midway has the Peltor Tactical (God I hate that word) 7S on sale.  Any thoughts?

Rich
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:13:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/9/2005 5:14:42 AM EDT by fight4yourrights]
I've got the Peltor Comtacs.   Love them.    I feel so much better at the end of the day at the range, just less fatigued.

I have no cheek weld issues using them with a rifle.   Now with a gas mask, that's another story.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:44:50 AM EDT
I have these ($15-$20), and they work fine for the range.  I might not wear them if I were a HSLD type, but I'm not.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:52:26 AM EDT
The Peltor Comtacs are a good choice if you need to communicate while wearing protection.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:03:08 AM EDT
I also have the Peltor Comtacs. They have a low profile to allow a good cheek weld. They don't cut out. Expensive but my only choice. You'll only buy good equipment once.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:27:24 AM EDT
+1 on Peltor Comtacs.  I just bought the Comtac II a month ago, and have started using them for hunting.  I got tired of damaging my hearing all for the sake of getting a few birds.  It's funny, with the Comtacs, I found that I was hearing things before my hunting partner did.  They may not be the cheapest available, but have good noise reduction compared to the others, and no annoying "cut-out".
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:31:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By John40mm:
I also have the Peltor Comtacs. They have a low profile to allow a good cheek weld. They don't cut out. Expensive but my only choice. You'll only buy good equipment once.

+1.  Comtacs (green) or Swatacs (black) are good to go.  Sordins are also highly recommended.  Sure, either is expensive, but this is your hearing and your life.  You need to protect your ears and hear the instructions on the range.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:42:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:21:47 AM EDT
I've found the comtacs and the sordins for about the same price $225.  Any industry partners I should check out?  Anyone compare the sordin to the comtac?

R
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:26:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Trumpet:
I've found the comtacs and the sordins for about the same price $225.  Any industry partners I should check out?  Anyone compare the sordin to the comtac?

R

I have the Sordins, and I chose them over the Comtac.  Battery life is dramatically longer, plus they're (IMO) more comfortable.
Top Top