Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 2:27:58 PM EDT
Went looking somewhat for a car today, first place tells me I cant afford payments and insurance said I can testdrive it if I run a credit check, restraint caused a minium of profanity to be used.  

Next went and looked at a GTO, after deciding I'll have trouvle finding one in the color I really want, I test drove one, was nice but wasnt overly impressed.

Next went to the Ford place, I got no help there, everything was locked, and couldnt find anyone.

Next went to the Dodge place, looked around, test drove a Charger, was pretty impressed, going to give it a 2nd look.

Getting tired of my Impala and looking into replacing it
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
IM inbound
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh also tried to sit on a Pontiac Solstice, I felt like a big man.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a firebird
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Get a firebird

I'm psychic or some shit...I knew that is what you were going to say.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get a firebird

I ordered my vanity plate today  "HI OFCR". Let's hope it's not taken.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get a firebird

I ordered my vanity plate today  "HI OFCR". Let's hope it's not taken.

Cool.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Is a real Impala, or a newer, FWD one?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Is a real Impala, or a newer, FWD one?

'95 I believe.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Get a firebird

They had a WS6 one for sale
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I went to a few more places, had one piss me off.  Still undecided like I am on everything.  I learned one this, have my friend with the corvette drive, they treat us nice then
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Well made my decision, after Pontiac pissed me off Im not going to get anything.,
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:58:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Local dealer has this 2006 GTO for sale - went down to look at it myself - beautiful silver color  - 6-speed/18" wheels - very nice:
www.gmbuypower.com/nvlWindowSticker.bp?make=Pontiac&zip=17745&noType=0&sellingSource=16&makeId=002&noStyle=1&model=GTO&dPath=FRDP&subModelId=192&year=2006&BAC=113923&modelId=053&pvc=250&styleId=GTO&style=GTO&cabSize=&boxSize=&driveType=&wheelBase=&cabSizeId=&boxSizeId=&driveTypeId=&wheelBaseId=&VIN=6G2VX12U16L521962&nextVin=&previousVin=&currPosition=0&iPi=3&fPi=3&BAC=113923.0&vehModuleDesc=GTO

I bet you can get it for well under MSRP after incentives. I bought a new 2002 Corvette from these guys and they gave me one heck of a deal.

I went with a Mustang GT this time around. Had the 'Vette and a RAM SRT-10 (Viper truck - totaly a nuts vehicle) before that. The Mustang is an all around very nice car - just enough power and good looks. I get many more complements on my Mustang GT than I ever did with the Corvette or SRT-10.

www.lhup.edu/dfisher/mgt01.jpg
www.lhup.edu/dfisher/mgt02.jpg
www.lhup.edu/dfisher/mgt03.jpg
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:37:06 AM EDT
[#13]
If you're looking for a powerful vehicle...as a Dodge Charger owner...I hate to say it...

But bang for buck, the GTO is a beast. With all the incentives out there you can probably pick up a GTO for a lot cheaper than a Charger RT. More power, a manual gearbox...and honestly, really, they took the GTO back to it's roots: take a family car and throw a monster engine in it. It might not be the nicest/boldest looking thing out there, but it does a damn good job of returning to it's original "What the FUCK is in that grocery getter's engine compartment???" roots.

I initally went out looking for a Mustang GT, but those weren't around for love or money. I tossed around the idea of a GTO...but...well, I bloody HATE GM. I'd get a 'Vette, but that'd be about it. So..that left the Charger for me, and considering the Charger is basically a re-bodied Mercedes E-class with a nicer motor in it, well, that's a damn steal considering how much E-classes go for.

You also might consider waiting a year or two...the Challenger is supposedly due out in 2007 or 2008. If only I had known...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Well spoke with another dealer about getting a GTO, then can get it but dont have it so I cant drive one.

At this point Im about to just say hell with it and keep what I got
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well spoke with another dealer about getting a GTO, then can get it but dont have it so I cant drive one.

The GTO's are nice, as I said before.  Have you gone to different dealers to see if you can test-drive one?

I imagine they're sitting on a LOT of them.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The GTO's are nice, as I said before.  Have you gone to different dealers to see if you can test-drive one?

I imagine they're sitting on a LOT of them.  

One in town has any, nowhere else does thats close.

Excpt for one place that has a used /04 they want more then sticker on a new one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top