Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 6/4/2010 7:46:20 AM EDT
I have been eyeing a Challenger RT at the local dealer .  Does anyone have or know anyone with a Challenger?  I test drove the car and drives great with lots of power.  I just want to make sure I am making a good investment.  I have not bought a new car before.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 7:59:35 AM EDT
You forgot the "S" in front of the RT
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 8:45:50 AM EDT
My dad has a Challenger RT.

Cars are not good investments, do you like how the car drives//rides/looks?
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 9:36:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SGTStewart:
I have been eyeing a Challenger RT at the local dealer .  Does anyone have or know anyone with a Challenger?  I test drove the car and drives great with lots of power.  I just want to make sure I am making a good investment.  I have not bought a new car before.

Try to find a really cherry/ low mile USED 2009. Let some other sucker get hit on the 20% immediate depreciation.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 1:10:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jakezor:

Any pros, cons with the car?   I love the way it looks and drives.  Just want to get some other opinions about the car.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 1:13:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SGTStewart:
Originally Posted By Jakezor:

Any pros, cons with the car?   I love the way it looks and drives.  Just want to get some other opinions about the car.

It's a Chrysler, it handles like a tug boat, and it's incredibly obese. I would strongly suggest looking at other vehicles.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 1:21:53 PM EDT
If you like it get it, though I would recommend buying lightly used to skirt the depreciation of the new car.

I love my charger. Good power, lots of room, great seats ( I have the road and track package/SRT style seats).

Only issue was the radius arm bushings which are soft tear fairly soon. Pretty easy replacement with pedders bushings though and it does have a notable, if minor improvement
Top Top