Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 8/7/2018 11:18:15 AM EST
Torn on camera choices and need some help. I currently have a g85 w/ 12-60 and 20mm lens, mainly do video with it. Looking for a camera with exceptional IQ.

Primarily shoot landscapes, and want a uwa zoom (~10-20mm) and a standard zoom (24-70mm)

Not sure if I should invest further in the Lumix line w/ pro model lenses for my G85 or go w/ another camera system (considering D610 or D800e).

In the past I've used nikon d90 and d7100, and would lean towards the nikon line, but open to anything.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:37:21 PM EST
I have thought about it too and looked at some decent cameras.  I decided I still didn't want to be a slave to the camera, bag, and gear and have to lug it around. 

I stayed with a high pixel count pocket camera.   Spent the rest on my ammo fort.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:40:01 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wildearp:
I have thought about it too and looked at some decent cameras.  I decided I still didn't want to be a slave to the camera, bag, and gear and have to lug it around. 

I stayed with a high pixel count pocket camera.   Spent the rest on my ammo fort.
View Quote
That's the other side of my struggle, I also have a Ricoh GRII
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:58:09 PM EST
Just dumped all my Nikon gear for a Fuji mirrorless setup. Took it on vacation for the first time last week and it was the smartest thing I have ever done in regards to photography.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 5:07:45 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By texasjohn:
Just dumped all my Nikon gear for a Fuji mirrorless setup. Took it on vacation for the first time last week and it was the smartest thing I have ever done in regards to photography.
View Quote
I will ditto this, except I got rid of my Canon stuff and picked up an Olympus Pen-F.
Top Top